Pro 575 Half Update

PaulyPaul

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575, Ironwood 650
My Pro 575 got the 2.01.00 update a couple of weeks ago. Still doesn't have option to set to 500.

One thing I do notice is that my "config ver" is at 04.012 and not 04.016. Anyway to push the update?

I haven't seen an update on play store for the app.
I would think it would have to update as well.

My Pro 575 got the 2.01.00 update a couple of weeks ago. Still doesn't have option to set to 500.

One thing I do notice is that my "config ver" is at 04.012 and not 04.016. Anyway to push the update?
I didn’t see the change till I deleted and reinstalled the app and then had to go thru and reset up the WiFi connection. I Used the forget this grill and started from scratch.

I deleted the app, deleted the grill, and did a fresh setup.. when I setup the grill to connect to the WiFi network it connects fine. During the process it says checking for updates and then displays downloading files but the FW isn’t updating to 2.01.00. I still have 2.00.01. Have cycled grill power many times and completed this process each time but no update. Any ideas?

Reactions: EdC
I deleted the app, deleted the grill, and did a fresh setup.. when I setup the grill to connect to the WiFi network it connects fine. During the process it says checking for updates and then displays downloading files but the FW isn’t updating to 2.01.00. I still have 2.00.01. Have cycled grill power many times and completed this process each time but no update. Any ideas?
Updates down loading took quite awhile I actually left it on and went to bed. It may have taken all night for what I know for certain.

I’m in the same situation, I have the FW 2.01.00 and CONFIG VER 4.012. I left it on for about 48 hours but Nothing change the FW is the last but CONFIG VER is not 4.016.
How Can I update ?
thanks

I’m in the same situation, I have the FW 2.01.00 and CONFIG VER 4.012. I left it on for about 48 hours but Nothing change the FW is the last but CONFIG VER is not 4.016.
How Can I update ?
thanks
wish I knew. I left mine in standby for over 24 hours and have used it to grill a couple of times and still not config ver beyond 4.012

Firmware update done!!!

delete the grill from the app
I have done the factory reset
unistall the app
install the app
add the grill manually without the QR code
unplug the grill and wait 5 min
plug and switch on the grill
wait the download of New firmware

FW 2.01.00 and CONFIG VER 4.016 and new max temp of 500F

Firmware update done!!!

delete the grill from the app
I have done the factory reset
unistall the app
install the app
add the grill manually without the QR code
unplug the grill and wait 5 min
plug and switch on the grill
wait the download of New firmware

FW 2.01.00 and CONFIG VER 4.016 and new max temp of 500F

Any idea which step may have led to success? Factory reset the grill or manually entering the grill? I tried uninstalling the app prior but no success.

Any idea which step may have led to success? Factory reset the grill or manually entering the grill? I tried uninstalling the app prior but no success.

try to do the factory reset, unplug the grill and wait 5 min
after plug the grill, switch on and verify the version of firmware, my version was 2.00.01 and config 4.012. Delete the Wi-Fi config on the grill, Now i had unistalled the app and reinstalled the app on the phone.
Add the grill manually on the app without use the QR code, after the pairing unplug the grill and wait.
plug and switch on, the download start automatically.
with the old firmware the grill is always offline

try to do the factory reset, unplug the grill and wait 5 min
after plug the grill, switch on and verify the version of firmware, my version was 2.00.01 and config 4.012. Delete the Wi-Fi config on the grill, Now i had unistalled the app and reinstalled the app on the phone.
Add the grill manually on the app without use the QR code, after the pairing unplug the grill and wait.
plug and switch on, the download start automatically.
with the old firmware the grill is always offline
Tried all this as well! Still did not work. Spoke with tech services 3 different times with no help and a promise to email a solution but that was almost a week ago and nothing. Also sent an email with no response. Config still hasn’t updated to 4.016

I have done the full factory reset to no avail, and left it on for 48+ hours ... after talking with Traeger Support, they confirmed that a subset of grills are not updating as expected to the required Firmware / Config levels to support 500 degrees ... there was no known timeframe for resolution ... suggestion was to wait and try at week's end, and/or the following week ... I believe that Traeger needs to do some kind of data scrubbing of the impacted Grill UUID values up on AWS before these specific grills will get updated correctly - until that happens, we'll be in limbo ... I do not understand why they don't leverage the WiFIRE Status Page better to provide updates in a more timely fashion ... the moment they introduced this capability, they became an IOT Technology Company - they need to fully embrace that and improve their processes/communications ASAP ...

I opened a case with Traeger Support today and have a case number to followup on. No amount of deleting the app, changing the Traeger to factory settings etc will force the firmware update. It has to be pushed down from them.

I opened a case with Traeger Support today and have a case number to followup on. No amount of deleting the app, changing the Traeger to factory settings etc will force the firmware update. It has to be pushed down from them.
Yep - which is why they seriously need to add a Pull Update mechanism option in the future from the App

Over a month later after I received last update and my Pro is still not able to go to 500. Figure I will just wait until they release another update. Hopefully it doesn't brick my controller.

Latest Discussions

Back