Help! Pro 575 goes in sleep mode while in Wi-Fi

il_patrick

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi. My traeger pro 575 goes to sleep mode while connected in Wi-Fi. If I shut it down and turn on again it lasts 30/60 minutes and then sleep mode again. No issues if used without Wi-Fi.
I took it from a friend one week ago. He never had a problem so the issue is on my network.
I have a power line on upper floor when the Traeger is. Obviously 2.4. I tried making a network only for Traeger with a different name. Nothing. Signal is good.
I really don’t know how fix it.
Any tip?
I’m from Italy so I cannot call directly Traeger I Suppose.
HELP :))

Attachments

• 269EA426-4425-4880-90F2-EC5A41092B76.png
    269EA426-4425-4880-90F2-EC5A41092B76.png
    785.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 6CCE95DD-D41E-46B0-87BC-8862841FAC17.png
    6CCE95DD-D41E-46B0-87BC-8862841FAC17.png
    755.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I'm wondering if there is a power dip? I've never unplugged my grill in use but I suspect if there was a power drop, it might not re-start, and just remain in standby as when you first switch on.

-63db is on the weak side of signal strength, but a WiFi drop wouldn't put it in standby.

I'd check cord connections, outlet, and might even try a computer UPS on the grill just to see what happens.

Cables are all ok. Without connection on network it works for hours without problems. Next step, maybe tomorrow, is trying with hotspot with iPhone and see what happens.

That's an odd one, the app can shut down the grill, sending it into standby but to spontaneously go into standby is not at all normal. Hmmm

It’s not normal at all. Specially when you try to cook some ribs :)

Hi. My traeger pro 575 goes to sleep mode while connected in Wi-Fi. If I shut it down and turn on again it lasts 30/60 minutes and then sleep mode again. No issues if used without Wi-Fi.
I took it from a friend one week ago. He never had a problem so the issue is on my network.
I have a power line on upper floor when the Traeger is. Obviously 2.4. I tried making a network only for Traeger with a different name. Nothing. Signal is good.
I really don’t know how fix it.
Any tip?
I’m from Italy so I cannot call directly Traeger I Suppose.
HELP :))
As this is a tech question and not a technique question, I feel somewhat qualified to offer a possibility.

When you took it from a friend, I assume there was some moving involved? Moving = jostling. Jostling = loosened connections? Maybe?

It's an easy check. Remove the control panel (sadly, I had to do this with my new 575) and make sure all of the connections (especially the power connection) are good and the cables undamaged.

I'm probably wrong, but it's worth a try I think.

When you say it only happens when you are connected to WiFi are you talking about the unit or your app? What happens if you allow the unit to connect to your WiFi but leave your phone powered off?

If it stays running with your phone powered down, try another phone?

When you say it only happens when you are connected to WiFi are you talking about the unit or your app? What happens if you allow the unit to connect to your WiFi but leave your phone powered off?

If it stays running with your phone powered down, try another phone?
I mean the unit. It happened first time when I was away. No matter if the phone is connected or not.

Last edited:
My guess is that it is a grounding issue. Normally I would recommend a ground rod and attach the ground strip to the unit. Because it is up on the third floor, near a power line, I would make sure the power plug is grounded through the outlet. Maybe run an extension cord to a different circuit.

But if it was a grounding issue why it works with no Wi-Fi connections ?

I’m only guessing, but the unit is content when it does not try to reach out via WiFi. Didn’t happen at the other location. Not a phone issue because it happens when your phone is off. So the transient voltage from the power line is causing the issues. If it is not too much trouble, move it to another location.

I’m only guessing, but the unit is content when it does not try to reach out via WiFi. Didn’t happen at the other location. Not a phone issue because it happens when your phone is off. So the transient voltage from the power line is causing the issues. If it is not too much trouble, move it to another location.
Impossibile to move. I’m going to try with hotspot with phone instead of powerline. If happens again it’s not the powerline. If it works issue is caused by powerline, who knows why ( signal is a simply Wi-Fi , other devices are ok ).

If a power disruptance or irregularity could be the problem, maybe try an extension cord and power it from a different circuit. I had to get an external WIFI antenna to connect to my Traeger, before that it would go in and out of WIFI connection but it never caused the grill to shut down.

It’s definitely the power line’s Wi-Fi signal. I used iPhone to create an hotspot and it worked without problems. I really don’t know how or why a Wi-Fi signal from a power line could make Traeger go to sleep mode.

Back