Pro 575 firmware current version

eazy-e

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hey all,

I just received my new Pro 575 and when attempting a low temp cook (180), the temp read out was 20-40 degrees over what I had set, reaching all the way up to 230. I reached out to support and they noted that my firmware is out of date and may be causing the swings. He said I should be on V 02.02.01 and I currently have 02.01.03. Does anyone have this 02.02.01? I've left my grill on overnight a few times and it hasn't gotten this update yet. I've also deleted and re-paired with the Traeger app and it hasn't made a difference.

Any thoughts?

hmm my Pro 575 has 2.1.3b1 I have done nothing manually to update the code, guess it updated itself.

hmm my Pro 575 has 2.1.3b1 I have done nothing manually to update the code, guess it updated itself.
That reads like a beta release? Do you leave your power switch flipped on all the time?

Last edited:
eazy... reading

What Is My Current Firmware and Configuration Version Supposed To Be?

What Is My Current APP Version Supposed to Be?

How Do I Get My Grill To Update To The Version I Need?

1618146502153.png

My Traeger built in RTD probe is off, it is not accurate. Is there a way to calibrate it?

All -

thanks. I did get in contact with support and they had a few tricks to try to start the update, but they didn’t help. I forgot to
Include this in the OP. I’ll just keep this guy powered on in sleep mode as my app says
1626819332508.png

Mine hasn't been off sleep mode since Sept '20

I unplug my grill and put it in the garage. I store it unplugged. When I get it out and turn it on, once in a while it updates immediately.

I unplug my grill and put it in the garage. I store it unplugged. When I get it out and turn it on, once in a while it updates immediately.
Probably how mine updated too. I never took any actions to force updates but appears to have updated firmware.

I leave mine unplugged except when using and when I start it I check to see if it's updating. Occasionally it does and when it does, it starts right away. I don't touch it until it's done. So far it's been working fine. Mine always reads hotter than it is and it is not linear so I ignore their readings and use the Fireboard.

Mine always reads hotter than it is and it is not linear so I ignore their readings and use the Fireboard.
And Traeger CS lied to the OP because an update won't fix his problem.

When I was on a support call, they say it only updates on startup and shutdown, so at some point after being in that state for so long, you would have to power it ON for it to apply.

And Traeger CS lied to the OP because an update won't fix his problem.

Is this common? This was my second cook. My first cook was at 350 and it stayed right around there, based on the controller readings. I found a 3-2-1 rib recipe on the app and was using that (the first three hours call for 180 degrees). It was hopping around quite a bit, but never went below 210 or so. It's hot as hell in the Southeast, so I thought it might have something to do with it. I haven't validated whether this is the true temperature or not with an external temperature gauge.

Read thru this thread

I haven't validated whether this is the true temperature or not with an external temperature gauge.
That's kinda what you need to do, but first look around these forums and read that one above, this problem is about as common as the grill itself. That's why we all have 3rd party probes from trusted brands.
You could have very well been only 190° and your Traeger said you were 210°, mine would.

Latest Discussions

Back