Pro 34 not achieving set high temps

jasionowski

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Hey all -

New to these parts and hoping someone might be able to guide me as to a solution to this problem.

To make a long story short, I was one of the poor saps who bought the Ridgeline model from QVC earlier this year. Returned it immediately after opening the box and inspecting for damage. Buy a Traeger from a local dealer, everyone said. You won't have issues like this.

So I did (a Pro 22 from my local Ace), had them assemble and deliver it only to realize after the initial burn that there was a small dent in the barrel right around a hinge that kept the lid from closing all the way. After over a month of waiting for replacement parts from Traeger, those didn't fix the issue. I questioned the service rep sending me a new door assembly when that wasn't going to fix an issue with the barrel.

Finally, Traeger agreed to send me a new Pro 34. The good news is that the barrel isn't dented! The bad news is that I can't get to the set temp when I set to a higher number (375 tops out at 360, 450 tops out at 430). These were done with summer temps and a new bag of Traeger pellets. The initial burn never made it past 430 so it wasn't due to a dirty grill. I have cleaned out the fire pot after every cook as well.

I feel like I'm really close after months of aggravation with this process, and I still have my Pro 22 (which did make it to the set temp) if I want to swap out any combination of the controller or RTD.

Any thoughts of what might be the culprit or if this is actually to be expected?

There are a lot of T owners here that DO NOT rely on the built in stock temp probe for reading grill temp. (or what the APP says it is)
Frankly unless you have a 3rd party temp probe system to PROVE that your grill is or is not achieving desired temp then you need one.
There are also a lot here that KNOW they need to set their grill 20* higher or lower to get the actual temp they want.
Mostly the Traegers here cook HOTTER than what's set, not lower

Latest Discussions

Back