Help! Pro 34 dome thermometer

Ritchvw

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
I am looking for some feedback/information about installing a dome thermometer on my Pro 34.

I say why not???
It's easy really
Are you looking for a source??

It could be argued the top of the door itself would be a good place

I am thinking top of the door, but should it go in the middle or closer to the smoke stack. My thinking is that the thermometer for the temperature control is on the left side, so the dome thermometer should go on the right.

I am thinking top of the door, but should it go in the middle or closer to the smoke stack. My thinking is that the thermometer for the temperature control is on the left side, so the dome thermometer should go on the right.

I was thinking the exact same thing... with all the TEMP issues guys are having on this site, with probes being used to double check the internal smoker temp against what is being recorded by that one standing probe off to the side recording who knows what, I'd say why not a dial thermometer... I buy very accurate ones and pay top dollar for them when I built UglyDrum smokers and rehabbed other smokers... I mean what would or could it hurt!!!

I bought clips to put one of my Maverick Probes on the grate to the right side to see what the right and left are recording... but it never hurts to see what the top of the smoker is recording too...

We all might actually learn something about what these smokers are really doing inside... LOL

HEY Ritchvw... here ya go, read this experiment... Hot spots in the Traeger for sure...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back