Pro 22

drich

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I am looking for a forum for the Traeger Pro 22. I could use some help with temperature settings/ranges.

I have a Pro 22, what kind of settings are you looking for?
Mainly smoke. My grill is only 2 months old. The first time I smoked the temps were between 160 and 180. Then after that I was smoking at temperatures as high as 234 deg. Change out RTD yesterday and now am smoking at temps between 180 and 205. Is this range normal for the Pro 22?

What was your temp setting? I see some swings +- 10 degrees when I have 225 set. I also use a Thermoworks Smoke with the air probe on the opposite side of the built in probe. The Smoke is usually 10 degrees higher than the built in probe. I’m looking at the temp of the food (brisket, butt, etc.) and have the probes in place in case the fire goes out. That’s happened twice with my Pro 22.

What was your temp setting? I see some swings +- 10 degrees when I have 225 set. I also use a Thermoworks Smoke with the air probe on the opposite side of the built in probe. The Smoke is usually 10 degrees higher than the built in probe. I’m looking at the temp of the food (brisket, butt, etc.) and have the probes in place in case the fire goes out. That’s happened twice with my Pro 22.
I had the temperature set on Smoke.

I usually only use the Smoke setting when starting the grill. About 5 min after I see visible smoke, I set the temp to 225 ish for actual cooking. You can google ‘Traeger P setting’ and see a lot of folks have temp issues on Smoke. You can change the P setting, though I’ve never had a reason to do so. You really want to set your temp to your actual cooking temp. Short version: don’t use Smoke to cook.

I usually only use the Smoke setting when starting the grill. About 5 min after I see visible smoke, I set the temp to 225 ish for actual cooking. You can google ‘Traeger P setting’ and see a lot of folks have temp issues on Smoke. You can change the P setting, though I’ve never had a reason to do so. You really want to set your temp to your actual cooking temp. Short version: don’t use Smoke to cook.
Thanks for your response. My Pro 22 is my 4th Traeger grill. I had a Little Tex, Little Tex Elite, Pro 575 (returned this one since temperatures were way off) and lastly a Pro 22. The first 2 grills had P settings however the Pro 22 does not. We use the smoke setting quite often to smoke ribs, turkeys, salmon, pork and beef. The 22 is still smoking at higher temperatures than I think it should. I was hoping to get feedback from other 22 owners to see what temperatures they smoke at. Hopefully this explains first post.

Latest Discussions

Back