Prices increased…

I am not dissatisfied with my Traeger other than size. If I'd have purchased a larger unit to begin with, I probably wouldn't be considering a Yoder. I have just found my IW650 to be too small at time for some of my cooks. I am able to live with any issues my grill possesses.
I know there are issues with the Yoder as well. It is still a pellet smoker so flavor consistency to the Traeger should be about the same.
I also was considering a ReqTeq, but availability north of the border is non-existant due to their business model. Shipping a unit north would add too much to the cost, especially when you convert our CDN dollars to US funds. It adds about 25-30% more to the actual US price after exchanging dollars.
If I could figure out a way to have both brands that would be sweet.
How big of Yoder are you looking at?

How big of Yoder are you looking at?
Just the YS640. I will almost have a bigger cooking area on one level (640 sq. in. main shelf and 430 on the second shelf) as my Traeger IW650 does using both shelves (481 Sq. In. Main and 231 on the second).
You can also purchase an optional 1/2 shelf for the top shelf on the Yoder if you don't want a full top shelf

The full sized second shelf on the Yoder has almost as much real-estate as my Traeger main shelf.

for me the 480 is good enough with an upgrade from 575 to 800sq in...

Just the YS640. I will almost have a bigger cooking area on one level (640 sq. in. main shelf and 430 on the second shelf) as my Traeger IW650 does using both shelves (481 Sq. In. Main and 231 on the second).
You can also purchase an optional 1/2 shelf for the top shelf on the Yoder if you don't want a full top shelf

The full sized second shelf on the Yoder has almost as much real-estate as my Traeger main shelf.
Thank you. I didn’t realize the 640 was just the main grate. Big difference then from how I was thinking about it

for me the 480 is good enough with an upgrade from 575 to 800sq in...
The YS480 is closer to what I already have, so not really an option for me.
YS480 shows: 480 sq. in. main grill and 310 on the upper. So just more space on that 2nd shelf. Not sure on the cavity dimension differences.

I mean I love my Traeger, but at the price point of YS640 in comparison to the TL1300 I don’t “think” there’s any way I’d go with the Timberline. I guess way I’m saying is if you’re committed to the expense of a $2200 Timberline then $2240 for the Yoder seems like a no brainer. And again I’m not knocking the Traeger. My 575 has been a great tool, but if I ever upgrade the Yoder will get a serious look.

I mean I love my Traeger, but at the price point of YS640 in comparison to the TL1300 I don’t “think” there’s any way I’d go with the Timberline. I guess way I’m saying is if you’re committed to the expense of a $2200 Timberline then $2240 for the Yoder seems like a no brainer. And again I’m not knocking the Traeger. My 575 has been a great tool, but if I ever upgrade the Yoder will get a serious look.

At this point, it becomes a no brainer, and grills from China will lose every time.

Prices for everything is going up. The ones that haven’t increased yet will be doing so soon. It’s not gonna be just China stuff. Unfortunately

Prices for everything is going up. The ones that haven’t increased yet will be doing so soon. It’s not gonna be just China stuff. Unfortunately
I think you’re right. Time to pull the trigger on that Yoder @RustyJake !!

I think you’re right. Time to pull the trigger on that Yoder @RustyJake !!
I just went to visit my local Yoder dealer, man I’m in love with the YS640s. That thing is built like a tank. It was really hard not to pull the trigger on one today, @ $2200 it’s not that much more than the top end Tragers and it’s a far superior product.

I just went to visit my local Yoder dealer, man I’m in love with the YS640s. That thing is built like a tank. It was really hard not to pull the trigger on one today, @ $2200 it’s not that much more than the top end Tragers and it’s a far superior product.
Not a far superior product. Just a different one. Definitely a Nice one. There are pluses and minuses to just about every cooker. Might not recognize them until you use them regularly.

Sounds like the High End Traegers are now into the Yoder YS480S and YS640S pricing that include Firebird Controller and heavy thick steel. Additionally Yoders are made in the US. Time to consider the change :unsure: . Interesting times. Who will be first to cross over?
I went and checked out a YS640S today, it took a lot of restraint not to buy it. Haha

Not a far superior product. Just a different one. Definitely a Nice one. There are pluses and minuses to just about every cooker. Might not recognize them until you use them regularly.

I would consider it far superior.

The controller is a Fireboard, best in The biz. The metal is more than double the thickness than traegers.

I don’t dislike my traeger, but I want something more consistent.

I went and checked out a YS640S today, it took a lot of restraint not to buy it. Haha
Bitter sweet for me not having a dealer close enough to have a look. It would be like going to look at puppies and not coming home with one

I would consider it far superior.

The controller is a Fireboard, best in The biz. The metal is more than double the thickness than traegers.

I don’t dislike my traeger, but I want something more consistent.
Thick metal takes longer to heat up and longer to cool down. This can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. High end Traeger's have insulated lids and a second little layer of steel on the sides which are actually highly effective. Traeger's app is pretty darn good. Now the Memphis is all stainless and really built to commercial standards. It has advantages and disadvantages as well. What is better is a subjective thing. There are several others out there that many consider “the best” or “far superior” 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

That said, to each there own. Lots of good options out there. The newer Traeger’s are far more advanced than the older models. I assume their next generation will be even better yet. The Yoder cookers are no doubt a great option. Enjoy.

Latest Discussions

Back