Prices increased…

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Anyone else notice the Timberline and Ironwood increased by $200? I don’t see any improvements in the grills…. I was expecting a Gen 3 Timberline soon but nope. Same grill. Hefty price increase.

Looks like the Pro 575 also went up.

Supply chain is jacked, shipping cost are insane…and stock holders want value!

Yes, I was surprised to see that the Pro 575 went up by $100 but the price of the Pro 780 is unchanged. I think the Pro 780 offers the best deal now in the Traeger line. Buy it before it goes up in price as well!

Container costs from China will be a driving factor in overseas manufactured items.
A container from China is over $21,000 right now, double what it was in July of this year. Keep in mind that the costs for a container were around $3,000 at the end of 2020
Then there's the issue of unloading when it gets here. Cargo ports are backlogged, so they sit at sea. They'll need to pass that cost on as well. It is going to get worse before it gets better

Last edited:
BOHICA on almost everything this year. :mad:

Yoder is made in America though.....
Let's hope they use US steel. Fireboard controller they use is US made, so cost increases would be component costs if sourced overseas

Yoder is made in America though.....
jumpeveryone.gif

I was sure that would get your attention! I checked and Yoder prices are stable .........And Christmas is coming!
Sounds like the High End Traegers are now into the Yoder YS480S and YS640S pricing that include Firebird Controller and heavy thick steel. Additionally Yoders are made in the US. Time to consider the change :unsure: . Interesting times. Who will be first to cross over?

Sounds like the High End Traegers are now into the Yoder YS480S and YS640S pricing that include Firebird Controller and heavy thick steel. Additionally Yoders are made in the US. Time to consider the change :unsure: . Interesting times. Who will be first to cross over?
I plan on making the cross. Hopefully an order into a Canadian supplier in December.

I plan on making the cross. Hopefully an order into a Canadian supplier in December.
You gonna leave us poors for the Yoder forum?

You gonna leave us poors for the Yoder forum?
Nope. Like the people here and the feel of the forum. I don't see the same over at the Yoder forum. Even a past member, Switz, kind of mentioned that in a post over there. More help readily available here for all aspects regarding smoking foods and the grills themself.
Maybe because this forum isn't owned by Traeger, the relaxed banter exists here. If one has a valid complaint, it can be made and discussed.
Can't get rid of me that easily

Nope. Like the people here and the feel of the forum. I don't see the same over at the Yoder forum. Even a past member, Switz, kind of mentioned that in a post over there. More help readily available here for all aspects regarding smoking foods and the grills themself.
Maybe because this forum isn't owned by Traeger, the relaxed banter exists here. If one has a valid complaint, it can be made and discussed.
Can't get rid of me that easily
RustyJake

Agree with your comments 💯 about this forum and the Yoder forum.

We would welcome a Yoder perspective here to increase our knowledge base. Great to hear you will stay if you get a Yoder.

I myself keep considering a YS640S. Went to look at them at closest dealer as he gets around 3 shipments from Yoder each year. The day I went he was unloading a 53 foot semi trailer shipment from Yoder. He said all were sold but was taking orders for his next load arriving in about 4 months. He had some in the parking lot to be picked up or delivered that day so I could look them over. Very impressive smokers for sure. Heavy thick steel built with quality. Plus Fireboard.

Just need to time it around my lovely wife's next birthday as I believe it would make a perfect gift for her (me). I think she is catching on as she commented to the kids that she has never used her tractor or lawnmower yet. I have the kids well versed with the proper response. They told their Mother that the tractor and lawnmower make dad more time efficient so he has more time to smoke those great meals that do not need you to cook in the kitchen :ROFLMAO:

I am not dissatisfied with my Traeger other than size. If I'd have purchased a larger unit to begin with, I probably wouldn't be considering a Yoder. I have just found my IW650 to be too small at time for some of my cooks. I am able to live with any issues my grill possesses.
I know there are issues with the Yoder as well. It is still a pellet smoker so flavor consistency to the Traeger should be about the same.
I also was considering a ReqTeq, but availability north of the border is non-existant due to their business model. Shipping a unit north would add too much to the cost, especially when you convert our CDN dollars to US funds. It adds about 25-30% more to the actual US price after exchanging dollars.
If I could figure out a way to have both brands that would be sweet.

Back