PLEASE HELP! - Quality Issues, Grill not Heating, Terrible (ZERO) Customer Support!

SANole

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I was extremely excited to purchase the Timberline 1300 but it's become a nightmare! I've been able to get through most of the issues by trial and error but finally hit a snag I can't recover from. First of all, the WiFi is extremely frustrating. It doesn't connect no matter how many times I've tried (and I try every time I fire the grill up).
I vacuum out the grill every other smoke just to keep things clean and do a deeper cleaning every 3rd or 4th smoke depending on what it is and how long it's run. However, even with warmer temps, 2/3 of the time I fire it up the grill never starts properly. I have to shut it down, go through the 15 min cycle, power it off, and then try it again. This happens with 2 our of every 3 cooks I do on this thing and usually I can get it fired up on the second try. Unfortunately, yesterday (and again today) I couldn't get it to fire up at all...the Hot Rod isn't getting hot. This is frustrating since the grill is only 6 months old but I do use it 2x per week. What's even more frustrating is that when I call in for support it's a 50-55 min wait. They give me the option of keeping my place in line and getting a call back so I take it. Nothing...no call back...this was at 4 PM yesterday and almost 24 hours later I STILL haven't received a call back. Last night I DM Traeger Support on Twitter and, while upset that no one called back yesterday as they were supposed to, I was excited to get a response.
They asked for my name and phone number and would have someone reach out. That was at 9:56 AM. Never heard from anyone. Called back again...nothing. Messaged them back on Twitter at 1:30 PM...nothing. So far, I've heard nothing from Traeger! No support, I have a grill that is only 6 months old and doesn't work, and frustrated with the lack of response from them. What else do I need to do to get your attention Traeger??!!!
I understand the guidelines mention to avoid writing about customer service but I've already reached out...SEVERAL TIMES!!! I am at a loss for how else to get help and support. This experience has made me regret ever purchasing a Traeger and have buyer's remorse over a $2000 grill that doesn't work or have support.

Anyone with advice on how to get Traeger to call me back and fix their darn product or refund me? I have no clue where/how to escalate!

I was extremely excited to purchase the Timberline 1300 but it's become a nightmare! I've been able to get through most of the issues by trial and error but finally hit a snag I can't recover from. First of all, the WiFi is extremely frustrating. It doesn't connect no matter how many times I've tried (and I try every time I fire the grill up).
I vacuum out the grill every other smoke just to keep things clean and do a deeper cleaning every 3rd or 4th smoke depending on what it is and how long it's run. However, even with warmer temps, 2/3 of the time I fire it up the grill never starts properly. I have to shut it down, go through the 15 min cycle, power it off, and then try it again. This happens with 2 our of every 3 cooks I do on this thing and usually I can get it fired up on the second try. Unfortunately, yesterday (and again today) I couldn't get it to fire up at all...the Hot Rod isn't getting hot. This is frustrating since the grill is only 6 months old but I do use it 2x per week. What's even more frustrating is that when I call in for support it's a 50-55 min wait. They give me the option of keeping my place in line and getting a call back so I take it. Nothing...no call back...this was at 4 PM yesterday and almost 24 hours later I STILL haven't received a call back. Last night I DM Traeger Support on Twitter and, while upset that no one called back yesterday as they were supposed to, I was excited to get a response.
They asked for my name and phone number and would have someone reach out. That was at 9:56 AM. Never heard from anyone. Called back again...nothing. Messaged them back on Twitter at 1:30 PM...nothing. So far, I've heard nothing from Traeger! No support, I have a grill that is only 6 months old and doesn't work, and frustrated with the lack of response from them. What else do I need to do to get your attention Traeger??!!!
I understand the guidelines mention to avoid writing about customer service but I've already reached out...SEVERAL TIMES!!! I am at a loss for how else to get help and support. This experience has made me regret ever purchasing a Traeger and have buyer's remorse over a $2000 grill that doesn't work or have support.

Anyone with advice on how to get Traeger to call me back and fix their darn product or refund me? I have no clue where/how to escalate!

Some with issues on here with a new grill have had luck with where they purchased. Authorized dealers have direct contact with a Traeger rep and can apply pressure for a faster resolution. Sucks you're having problems with a top of the line model.

Some with issues on here with a new grill have had luck with where they purchased. Authorized dealers have direct contact with a Traeger rep and can apply pressure for a faster resolution. Sucks you're having problems with a top of the line model.
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I bought directly from Traeger :(. I finally got ahold of them after 2 days and it looks like an issue with the controller (after only 6 months). Been on with them for 1.5 hours mostly waiting for a supervisor or manager because they told me it'd be a week before I could get the replacement part. A week of not being able to use the darn thing seems ridiculous to me.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I bought directly from Traeger :(. I finally got ahold of them after 2 days and it looks like an issue with the controller (after only 6 months). Been on with them for 1.5 hours mostly waiting for a supervisor or manager because they told me it'd be a week before I could get the replacement part. A week of not being able to use the darn thing seems ridiculous to me.

Yeah I wouldn't be satisfied with that wait time either. I had a bad meat probe from day one, opened a ticket and they sent the ambient probe. AfterI got ahold of them, they sent the right probe but used USPS parcel select again so another 2 weeks. Traeger needs to send parts overnight or 2 day shipping. Between the wait and wasting time calling/emailing, I would ask them "what they can do to make it right". Some free pellets, sauces and rubs would soften the blow a little. If only Traeger would invest as much into customer service as they do their Marketing and Social Media, they would have perfect product and brand.

Latest Discussions

Back