Pizza

All the time. We use a stone. As noted, ~ 10 minutes at 500F. We make dough in the bread maker. Always comes out great.

I use mine to cook and reheat pizza all the time too. Get yourself a good pizza stone. Like others have said, 10-12 mins at 450-500 does the trick to cook pizza. 400-450 for 6-8 mins to reheat.
I use a ‘Pizza Steel’ vs a Pizza stone, it works the same way that Grill grates work, concentrating the heat.
I place it on the Left of my T1300 and set at 450 the steel shows 600 on the IR gun...

Do you pace the crust directly on the stone or do you leave the cardboard base on and then place it on the stone

Last edited by a moderator:
When we do Papa Murphys, I use the cardboard base that the pizza comes on.

Not anymore on my Century 885. Going to bake my pizzas in the oven on a pre heated stone from now on.

Does the pizza smell or taste of smoke at all? Which pellets are best for pizza cooking purposes?
Thanks.

Also, does that Red Stag unit fit the Timberline 1300... one review on Amazon said no.

Last edited:
I try to use pellets that would give a sweet flavor such as Apple or Cherry. I do think it has a small hint of smoke flavor.

Thanks. Since we always see these pizza ovens in restaurants, burning wood, one wonders why there isn't a hint of wood smoke in those pizzas... maybe the super high temps reduce greatly the unburned compounds that would affect taste.

Thanks. Since we always see these pizza ovens in restaurants, burning wood, one wonders why there isn't a hint of wood smoke in those pizzas... maybe the super high temps reduce greatly the unburned compounds that would affect taste.
I’ve done pizza on the T grill twice. The last 3 times I did pizza was in my oven. Every time using a pizza stone. Every time the pizzas came out great to excellent. I will continue to make pizza in my oven.

Do it all the time. Friday night is typically pizza night at our house. 12 minutes at 480 on my IronWood 650. Hardly ever buy pizza out anymore.
Do you put the pizza on a stone and do you rotate it

Anyone ever smoked/grilled pizza on the Traeger?
Yes... Papa Murphy's....410F for 8 minutes, then pizza directly on the grill for another 10 or so. It's awesome. We do it regularly. Easy, inexpensive and really good.

I use the GMG pizza oven on the T-1300. Prior to that on a pizza stone, but it just took too long to cook the pizzas 15-20min each and with 6-7 12-14" pizza the time adds up. With the GMG pizza oven 2-4 min each. Set the T-1300 to 350º and the stone gets to 500-550º.

I use a ‘Pizza Steel’ vs a Pizza stone, it works the same way that Grill grates work, concentrating the heat.
I place it on the Left of my T1300 and set at 450 the steel shows 600 on the IR gun...
Can you post a link to this? Thanks!

Back