Pellets Pit boss pellets and ash

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER #traegergameday Wins 2022/2024
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Well did an overnight cook last night. I have come to the conclusion the Pit boss pellets make ALOT of ash on an overnight cook. I am probably going to go with using Bear Mountain exclusively, as I have done several overnighters and ash was minimal.

Just my 2 cents.

Well did an overnight cook last night. I have come to the conclusion the Pit boss pellets make ALOT of ash on an overnight cook. I am probably going to go with using Bear Mountain exclusively, as I have done several overnighters and ash was minimal.

Just my 2 cents.
Green Mountain Grill pellets work well for long burns. Good smoke and minimal ash for the burn time.
I found the same for Pit Boss and Lumberjack in the amount of ash created

Green Mountain Grill pellets work well for long burns. Good smoke and minimal ash for the burn time.
I found the same for Pit Boss and Lumberjack in the amount of ash created
Good to know. I will have to find an outlet for GMG pellets and try them.

well i just bought 60 lbs of pit boss pellets, so great timing for me to be checking into this thread. t'was the only kind aside kingsford that i saw at lowes. and Ace is twice the price for T pellets.

well i just bought 60 lbs of pit boss pellets, so great timing for me to be checking into this thread. t'was the only kind aside kingsford that i saw at lowes. and Ace is twice the price for T pellets.
I've got 120 + pound of Pit boss, I'm going to use them on day and shorter cooks and in the Bronson 20 when we go camping.

You do get good smoke from the pellets, I have no issues using them. Just probably not my first choice on a brisket cook

not a big deal for me to shop vac out the bottom on occasion. the great thing about a good shop vac, they can really suck.

I'd be all for BM but find those bastards on sale... I just ordered more PitBoss, but I ordered Cherry and Apple to use mostly in my smoke tube now, cooking at high temps don't make a diff to me about wood choice. I ordered more Bourbon barrel chips to go with it too.
I'll probably never do an overnighter... smaller Brisket and all day, Yeah sure.

Thnx for the observation Timmy

Ya, I can usually find BM around here for $10 or less, and I really like them on low n slow overnight. As far has high temp I agree with you about wood choice.

I gotta get out to my Tractor Supply... no doubt $10 is worth the drive for the best pellet

not a big deal for me to shop vac out the bottom on occasion. the great thing about a good shop vac, they can really suck.
I have a Bosch thumper vac...These things can suck and for a long time ! (without changing bags)
But they make this weird thumping noise to keep the filter clean longer...

Back