Pellet Storage

CMTiger

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575 / Weber Genesis / Weber 28” Griddle / Orion Cooker
So......just how sealed to pellets need to be when stored? I'm keeping them inside a garage in my cabinet. I'm thinking not super sealed as right now I generally just leave them in the hopper outside.
Thoughts?

I keep mine in 5 gallon food safe buckets w/gamma lids. You can find these at HD or Lowes. Some folks don't even worry about the food safe buckets and just use the Homer bucket with the gamma lids.

This is a great, inexpensive solution.

AL can get pretty humid and if you're storing them for long you may want to look at this as an option so they don't get wet.

1637181370150.jpeg

I keep mine in the garage in 5 gallon buckets with these lids:

I keep mine in the garage in 5 gallon buckets with these lids:

I actually don't use this lid for pellets, but I use to store my pet food. It fits this food safe bucket very well:

Ive owned my Traeger for over a year and leave the pellets in the bag in my garage. Some times I burn a bag in a week, sometimes they last me a couple months. I have never seen an ill effect from not having them in a sealed tub.

I sometimes have problems getting my unit up to high temps. Have been working on removing the pellet dust from the bag as part of the solution. There is a “system” from Traeger that includes a screen and bucket affair. Expensive. Any thoughts on that ?

I sometimes have problems getting my unit up to high temps. Have been working on removing the pellet dust from the bag as part of the solution. There is a “system” from Traeger that includes a screen and bucket affair. Expensive. Any thoughts on that ?
The Traeger "system" does not work well. This is a much better solution to get the dust out:

Latest Discussions

Back