Pellet Storage

CMTiger

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575 / Weber Genesis / Orion Cooker
So......just how sealed to pellets need to be when stored? I'm keeping them inside a garage in my cabinet. I'm thinking not super sealed as right now I generally just leave them in the hopper outside.
Thoughts?

Murphy's Law

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780 Bronze
I keep mine in 5 gallon food safe buckets w/gamma lids. You can find these at HD or Lowes. Some folks don't even worry about the food safe buckets and just use the Homer bucket with the gamma lids.

This is a great, inexpensive solution.

AL can get pretty humid and if you're storing them for long you may want to look at this as an option so they don't get wet.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
1637181370150.jpeg

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22, Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker

MidwestSmoker

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575
I keep mine in the garage in 5 gallon buckets with these lids:

I actually don't use this lid for pellets, but I use to store my pet food. It fits this food safe bucket very well:

midwest

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 780
Ive owned my Traeger for over a year and leave the pellets in the bag in my garage. Some times I burn a bag in a week, sometimes they last me a couple months. I have never seen an ill effect from not having them in a sealed tub.

Georgia George

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgater
I sometimes have problems getting my unit up to high temps. Have been working on removing the pellet dust from the bag as part of the solution. There is a “system” from Traeger that includes a screen and bucket affair. Expensive. Any thoughts on that ?

MidwestSmoker

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575
I sometimes have problems getting my unit up to high temps. Have been working on removing the pellet dust from the bag as part of the solution. There is a “system” from Traeger that includes a screen and bucket affair. Expensive. Any thoughts on that ?
The Traeger "system" does not work well. This is a much better solution to get the dust out:

Latest Discussions