Pellets Pellet Storage Solutions

Question,

By chance do any of you know off hand if a 20lb bag Traeger pellets will fit in a 3.5 gallon pail? I'm liking the idea of storing the different flavors in buckets like what was posted earlier and was wondering if the smaller buckets would work to save some space.

They are both 12" diameter but 5 gal is 14.5" tall and 3.5 gallon is 11" tall.
I use the ice melt buckets which just hold a 20lb bag and have a chute to pour and a handle to grab when pouring into hopper. Not well constructed though and had to reinforce the bottom as I was afraid it will break..got them for $9 on Amazon

Magoo40 posted a magnetic chute he made, with plans. I used them as a base to make my own version yesterday. I agree, a printed one would be nice for those who don't have the time for another project. I'm painting it satin black right now. It only took an hour to make with 1/8" liteply and super glue. Sanding and finishing and the imbedded magnets took the longest.

Here's the original post;

Nice, do you know if this interferes with the cover at all? If it sticks out much more than the back barrel. I'm worried my cover won't fit over it, it's pretty snug.

Nice, do you know if this interferes with the cover at all? If it sticks out much more than the back barrel. I'm worried my cover won't fit over it, it's pretty snug.
That's why it's magnetic! Just store it under the pellet hopper etc.

That's why it's magnetic! Just store it under the pellet hopper etc.

I’m going to try to design plans for a 3D printable version. Just got Blender installed on my computer.

I’m going to try to design plans for a 3D printable version. Just got Blender installed on my computer.
Cool, I used these magnets, slim and powerful, I didn't trust stick on mag strips, easy to design in I'd guess;

Magoo40 posted a magnetic chute he made, with plans. I used them as a base to make my own version yesterday. I agree, a printed one would be nice for those who don't have the time for another project. I'm painting it satin black right now. It only took an hour to make with 1/8" liteply and super glue. Sanding and finishing and the imbedded magnets took the longest.

Here's the original post;

RemE, Nice Job

Attachments

• IMG_8424.JPG
    IMG_8424.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8425.JPG
    IMG_8425.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 84
I decided to go with these storage hoppers, looks like others have used them for pellets as well;

Seems Amazon has a 4 unit limit on these. They have also apparently doubled the price to $25 each for what looks like the same, or slightly updated model.

I like the square shape, may store more compactly.

1597788441415.png
1597788561933.png

WHAT ARE THESE???? Printer versions???

I want one!!!!!

Well you had me fooled with the paint looking like a composite material or something... DUDE i was freakin for a second there... GREAT JOB...
bravo.gif

Yours looks great. It’ll probably take me a long time to get a design that works. Still learning the software as I go.

I keep my pellets in Kingsford Caddy containers. They are air tight and easy to pour into the hopper. I have one for each type of wood pellet

Latest Discussions

Back