Pellet Hopper Clean Out

Has anyone been able to successfully empty out their pellet hopper without dumping a ton of pellets on the ground? If so, how did you do it?
I had the same issue when emptying the pellets from my Traeger. So, I came up with this simple accessory to prevent the mess. It is available on my Etsy store. Magnetic Pellet Shoot Extender20210417_173659.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same issue when emptying the pellets from my Traeger. So, I came up with this simple accessory to prevent the mess. It is available on my Etsy store. Magnetic Pellet Shoot ExtenderView attachment 5145
I use a Timberline grease tray and just scoop the pelletts into a 5 gal bucket. Nominally no spill, I also sift the pelletts prior to loading the hopper, if I am changing the pellets the residual pellets will be burned off by the time the grill gets to temp....

Has anyone been able to successfully empty out their pellet hopper without dumping a ton of pellets on the ground? If so, how did you do it?
Hi I got a brown paper grocery sack ...folded the top so it wouldn't tear as easy and was able to catch all the pellets.. worked sweet..👍

I hate changing pellets! I would use a wooden paint stirrer to try and move pellets to drain hole. Here’s my fix. Bought two 8/32 knobs and replace the the two acres holding the grate in place. Now remove the grate and use my hand to empty out the hopper. :)

Attachments

• 4EA915EF-B18B-4C81-AB98-ABDBE55A2D8C.jpeg
    4EA915EF-B18B-4C81-AB98-ABDBE55A2D8C.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1081F85A-E629-4868-809C-1F3AC5E985BC.jpeg
    1081F85A-E629-4868-809C-1F3AC5E985BC.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 26
A 5gal bucket at the right angle and they all go in the bucket.

This was my solution, works great.

Where did you purchase the gusset pieces you used or did you make those yourself?

Here's my fix. I just got a canning jar funnel from Amazon and a 90° 3" ell.

Latest Discussions

Back