Ove Glove or Something Similar

TheHardWay

Reaction score
More or less a general grilling/cooking/baking thought....
Anyone here keep a set of set of heat resistant gloves such as the One Glove sold on TV?

Thought it might be a handy item to add to the arsenal of grilling supplies, but skeptical of the quality due to the "As seen on TV" designation. Most of time, the As Seen on TV stuff is low quality, doesn't work as advertised, a gimmick, or all three. I'd much prefer the dexterity of a glove over a traditional oven mitt for things like removing and replacing probes, rotating hot trays on the grill, opening/pulling off foil, etc.

More or less a general grilling/cooking/baking thought....
Anyone here keep a set of set of heat resistant gloves such as the One Glove sold on TV?

Thought it might be a handy item to add to the arsenal of grilling supplies, but skeptical of the quality due to the "As seen on TV" designation. Most of time, the As Seen on TV stuff is low quality, doesn't work as advertised, a gimmick, or all three. I'd much prefer the dexterity of a glove over a traditional oven mitt for things like removing and replacing probes, rotating hot trays on the grill, opening/pulling off foil, etc.
I use a similar one purchased from Amazon, they work great!

Revolutionary EN407 Standard Gulife oven glove withstands heat up to 662F over 15S... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FCXWBH0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_B5p5CbMEF0E84

These are what I use, but I mainly use them on my Weber grills and smokers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-070920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-070920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 178
Thanks for the replies. I spent some time on the almighty Amazon and ended up ordering a couple pairs. A pair of the knit/silicone style like you guys have, and a pair of neoprene style.

I read through so many reviews of people saying they still got burned with the knit style and the temp rating was seemed to be much lower than claimed. Maybe they grabbed something hot on part of the glove that didn't have the silicone protection coverage...who knows. People can be really dumb, then write a review trashing the product based on their own stupidity.

I figure anything will be better than trying to bare hand something with cat-like reflexes or using my dirty leather work gloves!

I own a pair of RAPICCA heat resistant gloves that I've used for the fireplace and the smoker. Gloves are great, even at high temps it only gets slightly warm in the gloves. The fingers are well rounded and allow me to get a good grip on things, which can be somewhat awkward with my other gloves.

Last edited:
Back