Outdoor kitchen

great job jake...
Stellar! Love the venting overhead.
I agree....

I also like those pine trees in view, I'll bet you're nose blind to how good that must smell

great job jake...

I agree....

I also like those pine trees in view, I'll bet you're nose blind to how good that must smell
Thanks @Slimpicker
Lol, I was like pine trees??? I had to look at my pics again. More than nose blind, sight blind as I even forgot they were there. Mostly balsam spruce around my house. I had to cut down 5 of them in my front yard

Well, I was able to finish 90% of the outdoor kitchen build this weekend. Incorporated a Traeger Timberline into the build after a few modifications and addition of a Stainless Platform. A couple trim pieces to finish and it should be finished.
Hi Rich - great job here. I'm looking to do something similar with my Traeger Ironwood 885 and put it on a countertop in my outdoor kitchen, but I've heard stories (including from Traegar themselves) that it isn't safe to do so. Have you had any problems with your set-up? Looks like I need to make sure there is 1-2 inches clearance underneath. Are there any other considerations that you would recommend? Thanks

Hi Rich - great job here. I'm looking to do something similar with my Traeger Ironwood 885 and put it on a countertop in my outdoor kitchen, but I've heard stories (including from Traegar themselves) that it isn't safe to do so. Have you had any problems with your set-up? Looks like I need to make sure there is 1-2 inches clearance underneath. Are there any other considerations that you would recommend? Thanks
James, it has worked out amazingly well. I have it raised up about two-inches for air movement under the unit with good ventilation on all four sides and as you can see it sets on a stainless steel tray which is also elevated slightly. I spec'd out building a the stainless tray at a local fab-shop but cost was to high. Ended up purchasing an industrial kitchen table off Amazon and cutting it to the perfect size. I have a drain hose system in the grease tray that uses a 1/4-turn valve to drain the tray every couple uses into an old gatorade bottle. Plan is to slide the unit out once a year and give the tray a good cleaning but to date it has worked very well. Very happy with the current set-up and have had zero issues

Late in the game here. But that is solid. Nice build. Do you have a sound system tied into it? Maybe you don’t need it with all them beautiful trees in the backdrop?
Thanks
Working on some Bluetooth speakers for it.

James, it has worked out amazingly well. I have it raised up about two-inches for air movement under the unit with good ventilation on all four sides and as you can see it sets on a stainless steel tray which is also elevated slightly. I spec'd out building a the stainless tray at a local fab-shop but cost was to high. Ended up purchasing an industrial kitchen table off Amazon and cutting it to the perfect size. I have a drain hose system in the grease tray that uses a 1/4-turn valve to drain the tray every couple uses into an old gatorade bottle. Plan is to slide the unit out once a year and give the tray a good cleaning but to date it has worked very well. Very happy with the current set-up and have had zero issues
Thanks Rich - sounds like you have a few more skills than I do. The grease outlet system on the Ironwood is slightly different from my understanding, perhaps slightly easier for me. I also believe the Ironwood has slightly less insulation, so may need to give a bit more space for ventilation and heat release.

Looks good, but do you have a table/shelf to use out there? I'd be lost without one.
I have a front shelf and side shelf on the Traeger. Two side shelves on my gasser and two side shelves on my Kamado, sitting right beside the grill. Plus I have a deck box that is at counter top height and works as a big table

I have a front shelf and side shelf on the Traeger. Two side shelves on my gasser and two side shelves on my Kamado, sitting right beside the grill. Plus I have a deck box that is at counter top height and works as a big table
Gotcha. Just couldn't see it in the pics. Cheers!

Gotcha. Just couldn't see it in the pics. Cheers!
Deck box is a new addition, so it wasn't in any pics. Old one didn't fit the cushions.
If I had one regret, it would be not going with a 12 x 14 gazebo. I could use the extra square footage

RichM that looks amazing, how did you secure the gang boxes to the Timberline? I was about to cut up some legs here.

Back