Outdoor kitchen

Wow, that is beautiful! May I ask how using the Traeger in the built in outdoor kitchen has worked out? I am putting a pool in this summer, and will be building a outdoor kitchen myself. Could you give me some advice on how you were able to achieve such a thing? Any info you could give would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!
It has worked out Great. At this point we have used it on everything from a Turkey to cake and it is has operated perfectly. We are in the South Florida there is occasional power outage so it is hooked into the emergency power. The Stainless tray under it was fabricated from an industrial kitchen work table that was purchased on Amazon. It was raised two inches on risers to allow access to drain pan. We went with the 1300 over the 850 which has proven a good decision. Good luck

@RichM love what you did on your setup. Is the 2” enough clearance for breathability? How about the space in the back? I keep reading horror stories about how the grill starts to rust, paint coming off, etc. from the bottom and back when placing the Traeger on the counter. I’m wanting this type of set up but very hesitant. Any help or suggestions you have are appreciated. Thanks!

Air movement has not been an issue. The Timberline's dual wall construction runs at a much lower exterior temperature. I keep a close eye on the surrounding surfaces (which are all masonry) and nothing even reaches a point that you cant place you hand on it.

Air movement has not been an issue. The Timberline's dual wall construction runs at a much lower exterior temperature. I keep a close eye on the surrounding surfaces (which are all masonry) and nothing even reaches a point that you cant place you hand on it.
That’s good news! What type or brand of risers did you end up using? What are they made out of?

That’s good news! What type or brand of risers did you end up using? What are they made out of?
My first thought was to cut the legs down to two inches and have it ride on the new legs. I ruled that out because if I ever wanted to convert it back to a full unit I would have to by new legs. That said, I just began looking for metal blocks at the height that I wanted. Granger or other industrial supply houses would work well. I ended up using metal 4-gang electrical boxes that I filled the other edges to smooth them and panted to match the unit. Seemed to work well and be cost effective. If I still had budget money left I was going to have a local shop just weld me some boxes out of stainless to match the bottom tray.

My first thought was to cut the legs down to two inches and have it ride on the new legs. I ruled that out because if I ever wanted to convert it back to a full unit I would have to by new legs. That said, I just began looking for metal blocks at the height that I wanted. Granger or other industrial supply houses would work well. I ended up using metal 4-gang electrical boxes that I filled the other edges to smooth them and panted to match the unit. Seemed to work well and be cost effective. If I still had budget money left I was going to have a local shop just weld me some boxes out of stainless to match the bottom tray.
That’s a good idea. I’ll have to try and find me some. Did you get a cover for the Traeger? If so, which one?

So maybe I missed it but how do you access your grease trap and change it out?

So maybe I missed it but how do you access your grease trap and change it out?
For the grease trap I incorporated a 1/4 turn oil drain from an after market racing part catalog. It is designed to replace the oil pan plug to change out oil quickly. I drilled a 3/8 hole toward the bottom of the grease trap and added the 1/4 drain with a 10-inch piece of 3/8 hightemp hose. The hose tucks up under the Traeger (out of site) and I drain the grease in to a water or gator-aid bottle and toss it into the trash. Plan was to once a year to slide the unit out and pull the pan to insure if further cleaning is needed, it done

For the grease trap I incorporated a 1/4 turn oil drain from an after market racing part catalog. It is designed to replace the oil pan plug to change out oil quickly. I drilled a 3/8 hole toward the bottom of the grease trap and added the 1/4 drain with a 10-inch piece of 3/8 hightemp hose. The hose tucks up under the Traeger (out of site) and I drain the grease in to a water or gator-aid bottle and toss it into the trash. Plan was to once a year to slide the unit out and pull the pan to insure if further cleaning is needed, it done
Nice. Would you mind uploading a picture of that? I am having an outdoor kitchen built now and looking for a way to do what you did.

Well, I was able to finish 90% of the outdoor kitchen build this weekend. Incorporated a Traeger Timberline into the build after a few modifications and addition of a Stainless Platform. A couple trim pieces to finish and it should be finished.

Rich this is awesome! I was almost ready to give up on my built-in Traeger idea, but you've given me new hope!

Down scale from some of the kitchens posted here. But this finally gives me some shelter from the rain and sun
20210703_115104.jpg20210703_115046.jpg20210703_114740.jpg

Dang! That pretty sweet!!!😍

Back