Outdoor kitchen

Dougf

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I am building an outdoor kitchen and was wondering if anyone else has incorporated a timberline into their kitchen to achieve a built in look. I have seen some just sitting on a counter but I’m not sure how you would do this with the grease trap. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum @Dougf

I have not seen any Timberline built in, but hopefully someone else on the forum can help you out!

I would make some kind of rolling trolley board as a base for the grill. Remove the wheels and mount the grill legs to the trolley. Non-swivel wheels on the trolley, just facing fore-aft, for easy pulling the grill out of the cutout in the counter.

Alternately, you could remove the legs and attempt to mount the grill body on a very strong pull out shelf I suppose. Just need to consider heat from the grill in the planning. My TL850 weighs a TON, I was barely able to assemble and stand it up alone.

Do post up what you come up with!

I am currently in the process of an outdoor kitchen build that will incorporate a Timberline 1300. The kitchen is built and designed with a shelf system and the plan is to modify the legs so they only extend 2" below existing metal Skirting. and a drain valve built into the drain pan

I am currently in the process of an outdoor kitchen build that will incorporate a Timberline 1300. The kitchen is built and designed with a shelf system and the plan is to modify the legs so they only extend 2" below existing metal Skirting. and a drain valve built into the drain pan
Interesting, the timberline side drain pan is a bit "sloppy" in the way it drains into the pan. It works well but I do like to open that drawer and clean up the gasket and drain drawer cover. I would suggest you make provisions to be able to clean that area.

Do post up some pictures of your setup!

Agreed on the sloppy line up. Still expecting to have to pull unit out a couple time each year to give unit a going over. The shelf is built into the outdoor unit and has a custom built 12-gauge 316 stainless tray that the Timberline rests on.

Well, I was able to finish 90% of the outdoor kitchen build this weekend. Incorporated a Traeger Timberline into the build after a few modifications and addition of a Stainless Platform. A couple trim pieces to finish and it should be finished.

Attachments

• pre-build.jpeg
    pre-build.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 4,970
  • framed traeger side.jpg
    framed traeger side.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 4,672
  • minus traeger.jpg
    minus traeger.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 4,724
  • stainless tray in place.jpg
    stainless tray in place.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5,554
  • Traeger side2.jpg
    Traeger side2.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 6,090
  • Traeger in place.jpg
    Traeger in place.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 6,199
  • outdoor kitchen.jpg
    outdoor kitchen.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 5,539
My God, that location could not be prettier. Welcome to Rich's meat castle!

I do wonder how super smoke is going to go there. Hopefully prevailing winds flow the right way.

Greatness, the view, the grill, the kitchen. Pure greatness!

X2......wow

Awesome Stuff Rich! Up here in Tavares, FL and you have inspired me for sure!

Well, I was able to finish 90% of the outdoor kitchen build this weekend. Incorporated a Traeger Timberline into the build after a few modifications and addition of a Stainless Platform. A couple trim pieces to finish and it should be finished.
Wow, that is beautiful! May I ask how using the Traeger in the built in outdoor kitchen has worked out? I am putting a pool in this summer, and will be building a outdoor kitchen myself. Could you give me some advice on how you were able to achieve such a thing? Any info you could give would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

I am building an outdoor kitchen and was wondering if anyone else has incorporated a timberline into their kitchen to achieve a built in look. I have seen some just sitting on a counter but I’m not sure how you would do this with the grease trap. Any ideas?

What could be the alternative?

This came out great. Well done.

Latest Discussions

Back