Other Paper Wrap Recipes

Wulfenite

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood885
Aside from paper wraping the briskets, are there any other fun recipes that use that technique. I got a whole roll of paper now. ;)

I often set salmon fillets on the paper to smoke/cook it.
The skin sticks to the paper, so when it's ready, you just flop it onto a plate, and lift off the paper with the skin.
Easy peasy and no fish skin stuck to the grates.
You can also paper wrap a pork butt when it hits 160 or so.

Maybe I’m alone on this opinion but I feel like using foil to wrap pork products usually produces better tenderness and taste, while butcher paper does great for me when I do beef recipes like a brisket or roast.

I like pork butt in peach paper. Preserves the bark. I have not tried ribs in paper yet, but I have not had a bark issue using foil for them either

I did the salmon on paper. I actually did one filet on paper on the grate directly and 1 on paper on a baking sheet. The baking sheet made the skin release from paper. But the one on the sheet stayed a little more moist. Either way its a nice trick for clean up having the paper to just discard.

Maybe I’m alone on this opinion but I feel like using foil to wrap pork products usually produces better tenderness and taste, while butcher paper does great for me when I do beef recipes like a brisket or roast.

You are not alone. I use foil on ribs as it helps in the braising process during the "2" part of the 3-2-1 method.

I'll still do pork butts and brisket on my Big Green Egg as I have tried many experiencmets and it still cannot be beat for those two items. I Never wrap those either.

Then again, my Ironwood 885 did a great job on a Wagyu brisket too big to cook on my BGE. Go figure. :)

Back