Older Traeger

Reecard

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22 Bronze, Ducane Stainless 5 burner, 28" Blackstone
My buddy was given an older Traeger by his father in law and it seems to have a slight problem. It won’t go over about 320 degrees when set on high. Does it sound like a controller issue that needs to be replaced? I would say it is an older 22 model that has the straight legs if that helps. Any direction to get this thing working correctly would be greatly appreciated.

I’d start with the rtd, it’s the cheapest part to replace, it sends temp info to the controller.

I’d start with the rtd, it’s the cheapest part to replace, it sends temp info to the controller.
Before you replace it you might just try cleaning it. I use Traeger grill cleaner sprayed on a paper towel and wipe the buildup off. Some members use vinegar.

Before you replace it you might just try cleaning it. I use Traeger grill cleaner sprayed on a paper towel and wipe the buildup off. Some members use vinegar.
I mentioned that to him but I will ask if he did it or not. I will keep you posted.

So I bought him a new RTD and installed it for him, the grill works perfectly now! We had the temp up to 440 on a test run before shutting it down. Thanks Timmy for the advise. He will now be able to enjoy his cooker again!

So I bought him a new RTD and installed it for him, the grill works perfectly now! We had the temp up to 440 on a test run before shutting it down. Thanks Timmy for the advise. He will now be able to enjoy his cooker again!
AWESOME, glad I could help. THAT is part of what this forum is all about! 👍

hehe, and here I am sitting here going "I think I went over 330 once...?". Jesting aside, awesome you fixed it so easily.

Latest Discussions

Back