Old bay seasoning

I find Old Bay a touch more spicy than Lawry's season salt. My son lives in Baltimore and they put the stuff on everything. Chips, wings, crab, dip. Good luck.
Funny you say that as I discovered it when I moved to Baltimore in 1983. At that time they were still making Old Bay adjacent to the inner harbor. That whole area smelled like Old Bay yearound. Loved it and been eating ever since.

My wife is not a fan of any spice or blend of spices with anything other than a very mild heat index. One of the best blends I have found, for fish, pork, lamb, potatoes, veggies, or anything that needs a burst of garlicky savory flavor is McCormicks Roasted Garlic and Herb blend. Lots and lots of flavor with zip heat. For fish, scallops, shrimp, lobster, and such I add some Spanish Smoked paprika and fresh lemon zest.

Did you do that Cajun broil yet??? I guess not cuz of your snow.... I'm not having any of your winter down here at all, in fact it's pissin me off really, everything is gonna be worst if we don't get a good super freeze or cold snap...

No, i was going to do it this weekend or next. Looks like its gonna be next weekend. I didn't get to the store, been a busy hectic week.

I hear that.... wasn't rushing ya, just waiting for you to be the trial run before I try it... 😁

I hear that.... wasn't rushing ya, just waiting for you to be the trail run before I try it... 😁
I hear ya, I've been thinkin bout it all week!!

I like to use Old Bay on corn on the cob. Completely Chuck the corn, smother with olive oil, spread Old Bay on all sides and smoke for an hour at 225 bare on top rack. Amazing!

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back