Ok. I did it…..

Smokin Thighs

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Alright. I did it. Walked into Costco needing to get a gift card for a friend birthday. I was waiting for the Treager road show to come around because I am set on a Silverton 810. The Costco return policy and added warranty were HUGE deciding factors. Plus in wine country we don’t get really cold weather so I figured I didn’t need Timberline insulation. Well unknown to me to road show was happening now. Wifey said LET’S BUY IT! *(side note kinda a turn on!)
A couple minutes later we were walking out with a brand new Silverton 810. And some ribeyes. And artichokes!!! Oh yea and beer!!!! On the way home realized didn’t get the gift card. Oh well.

Attachments

• C9028696-2E4F-44DC-8561-5F07CEF918D0.jpeg
    C9028696-2E4F-44DC-8561-5F07CEF918D0.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 5F68A403-900A-4AF6-8448-9BF17B5EE32C.jpeg
    5F68A403-900A-4AF6-8448-9BF17B5EE32C.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 16
Alright. I did it. Walked into Costco needing to get a gift card for a friend birthday. I was waiting for the Treager road show to come around because I am set on a Silverton 810. The Costco return policy and added warranty were HUGE deciding factors. Plus in wine country we don’t get really cold weather so I figured I didn’t need Timberline insulation. Well unknown to me to road show was happening now. Wifey said LET’S BUY IT! *(side note kinda a turn on!)
A couple minutes later we were walking out with a brand new Silverton 810. And some ribeyes. And artichokes!!! Oh yea and beer!!!! On the way home realized didn’t get the gift card. Oh well.

Welcome to the forum @Smokin Thighs - How did the first cook come out?

Congratulations and Welcome. Enjoy the Silverton 810. You can start learning and be prepared to Smoke a Thanksgiving Turkey.

Since you forgot the gift card just send an invite for a smoked meal. Better than any gift card and you get to gain experience Smoking.

My Silverton 810 purchase included nice steaks, full brisket, salmon, and two bags of Traeger pellets (search the forum and pick from many better lower cost pellets).

We are happy for you and your wife. The spending will continue as you add equipment. Look at the deals section too save money. :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations and Welcome. Enjoy the Silverton 810. You can start learning and be prepared to Smoke a Thanksgiving Turkey.

Since you forgot the gift card just send an invite for a smoked meal. Better than any gift card and you get to gain experience Smoking.

My Silverton 810 purchase included nice steaks, full brisket, salmon, and two bags of Traeger pellets (search the forum and pick from many better lower cost pellets).

We are happy for you and your wife. The spending will continue as you add equipment. Look at the deals section too save money. :ROFLMAO:
Talk about getting me excited and scared all in the same response!!! Lol. Thank you! Any recommendations for accessories? I have the normal utensils, temp probs. Anything pellet grill specific?

Talk about getting me excited and scared all in the same response!!! Lol. Thank you! Any recommendations for accessories? I have the normal utensils, temp probs. Anything pellet grill specific?
Get something to sift the dust off off your pellets and a good place/bucket to store them. And you don’t want to buy Traeger pellets.

There’s an accessories thread though. I’ll see if I can find it

Thank you!

Welcome and enjoy!

Smokin Thighs

First recommendations is a ThermoPen MK4 or it newer version from Thermoworks as you need a quick and accurate hand held temp to assure your meat are cooked to recommended temps. ThermoPen MK4 are still available in some colors for 69.95. The newer inproved version is 89. Then a good multi probe temperature unit. much good information here to select the best unit for you. Suggest a minimum of 4 probes. one probe i use if for smoker air temperature and the other three in the meats. Inkbird IBBQ4 has been in the Deals section for 50 to 99 USD so watch and order when a special is available. I watched so well I have 3 at $50 each. Backup parts.

My accessories and other items include ThermoWorks Singals multi temperature probe, ThermoPen MK4 (have 2 as my lovely wife took one for "her" kitchen), Inkbird IBBQ 4 (three sets as they were $50 in the deals section and I could not resist having backup :cool: ) , a large folding steel pizza scoop (use it to pull briskets off the smoker as when at 204 F internal they will fall apart if using gloved hands), Butcher paper as I wrap briskets in paper not foil, wide HD aluminum foil from Sams Club too put under the grill grate instead of the the Traeger aluminum flat inserts, Butcher knives also on the Deals section, course salt and pepper for brisket rub - no need for high cost special rubs for briskets, large nylon cutting board from Sams Club, Smoke House Pellets from Sams 14.97 for 40 pound bags. Still looking for more great accessories but I have most so slowing down now. Looking for a brine bucket as we do like salt/sugar whole brined turkeys smoked on the Silverton 810. We have done up to a 24 pound bird. Have to remove the upper/rear cooking grate to fit.

This group will help or better stated "empower you" to keep getting additional accessories.

Enjoy and keep learning new cooks. Look for smoking meat sale prices and stock up. My son's large garage freezer is full of my specials but he has free use of whatever I have in there so he does not complain. :ROFLMAO:

Best regards
Spanky

Back