October 2019 Grill Master of the Month contest begins NOW!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
traegerforum-GMofthemonth.png

TraegerForum.com is now over 6 months old and the community has grown to over 600 members! I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone that has participated to help us achieve our goal of being the #1 resource for Traeger Owners. Today we are launching the October 2019 "Grill Master of the Month" contest! The winner will receive a small prize and a special badge by their username.

How do I enter?
Simply post in this thread a photo of your favorite "Game Day" Traeger cook along with recipe and instructions to complete the cook. The photo included must be your photo, we encourage the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!) The recipe however can come from anywhere. We will leave this thread open for 2 weeks and close the thread on October 20th at 5:00pm EST. The winner will then be voted on by the TraegerForum community.

The Chinese Style Uncle Rico Tomahawk Chop

Get a 1 1/2" bone in ribeye or "tomahawk chop"
Bring steak out to room temp
Salt and pepper all sides. ALL SIDES. Get good pepper, coarse grind, and kosher salt.
Let sit for 30 mins
Traeger @ 225 with Super Smoke if possible
Cook until 140 internal temp
Remove steak and let sit
Crank Traeger to max for 20 minutes
Sear each side for 3 minutes or until desired internal temp. I like a deeper medium on this steak, around 150
Take steak off. Dont use tongs. Be a man and grab the bone with a rag or a glove and swing it around the kitchen and backyard in front of friends or a girl/guy. Whatever floats your boat.
Add 3 tabs of butter and cover for 5 minutes
Dust with your favorite rub
No veggies or sides
Enjoy your favorite cold beer or a nice Japanese whiskey
Eat it

Share it with those you love

Last edited:
Is this contest specific for game day meals? Or just any meal for the most part?

7F01B5A3-EA97-4E4A-BC1B-FA77EA8881C3.jpegGame Day Wingz

At least 1 dozen whole wings (drummette & flat), fresh (never frozen)

1.25 tablespoons baking powder & 1 teaspoon fine grain salt ( for every 2.5 lb of wings)

Rub of choice (for this cook I used Everglades Cactus Dust)

Get wings really really dry (paper towels or several hours in refrigeration). Put baking powder & salt in large zip loc bag, and toss wings (about 6-7 at a time) until lightly dusted. Repeat, apply rub liberally, and return wings to refrigeration for at least 2 hours to let rub set.

Fire up your T with the wood of your choice (I used Hickory for this cook) and set to your lowest smoke setting (180 for me) & smoke for 1 hour.

Crank heat to 425 (high in my case) and cook until IT on instant read thermometer reads 175. Remove & serve as-is or toss in your favorite sauce. I have 3 of mine listed below.

Frank’s Stingin’ Honey Garlic Sauce - nice flavor, not too hot, with a touch of sweet. Almost has a teriyaki flavor to it but not quite.

Anchor Bar Wing Sauce - The ORIGINAL, often duplicated hot wing sauce.

2/3 cup Original Franks Red Hot
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1.5 TBL white vinegar
1/4 Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
(My only change to the original is that I add just a bit of white sugar to balance out the acidity of the hot sauce and vinegar. Don’t go crazy, add a bit and taste. You will know when you reach the perfect equilibrium)

Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium high heat, stirring with whisk until it begins to boil. Remove from heat.

BarbaLo Sauce - mix 1 part Anchor bar sauce to 1 part bbq sauce (your choice - I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet Heat). Adjust portions of hot sauce or bbq to your taste.

Serve with beer to friends, & GO GATORS!

23C7DDF7-C73E-4C40-B568-F65EA6CB96F7.jpeg

60E5C838-4120-4387-A691-12AF86A7AD1C.jpeg

Rack of Lamb (Purchased from Local Costco)
Lavender Salt Rub (Crushed Black Pepper and Himalayan Salt, both from grinders, is a good alternative)
180*F on Super Smoke for 1 hour fat side up on top rack
Remove from Grill and raise temp to 450*F
When Grill reaches temp, place back on top rack, fat side down for 5 minutes
Flip over, and take to 150*F
Remove and let rest for 10 minutes on counter
Creates a nice gradient temp, outside chops medium to inside chops medium rare

Just 2 more days to submit your pics!

Chicken Pockets

4 chicken breasts coated in your favorite bbq dry rub.
2 bell peppers
1 onion
Grilled at 375 until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 160.
Chop the chicken n vegetables and then add to a mixture of cream cheese (1 stick) and half a stick of butter.
Stuff inside a crescent roll and throw onto the grill until golden brown.
We like to put some bread crumbs on top of the rolls before grilling
3BA37E73-AD24-4014-8BD5-81431EC2502E.jpeg
FD50D6FD-BDE9-48D0-A463-16057B0E1D9C.jpeg

Thread will now be closed! Stay tuned, the voting will be posted soon!

Latest Discussions

Back