Nothing to see here....

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
thought these probe wipes were a good idea... NOT

Last edited:
Isopropyl alcohol and water and made in China.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-210744_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-210744_Drive.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 38
YUCK... I didn't see that China part... alcohol and water ... I just thought we could trust Thermoworks... OH WELL, They don't even RECOMMEND using them yet they sell them... that's stupidly weird.

NEVERMIND, nothing good here then...

Last edited:
You can make your own mixture put it in a spray bottle and just use paper towels. Just dont store it next to anything that hot or has flame.

If you are looking for a sanitizing solution, I recommend StarSan. 1 oz. in a 5 gallon water bottle filled with distilled or reverse osmosis water will create 5 gallons of sanitizing solution. Fill a spray bottle and spray whatever you need. It's food grade, so no rinsing is needed. I've used it for homebrewing for years.

WELL, this was about Thermoworks advertising a ton of different "probe wipes" to clean their meat probes... HOWEVER, they are ALL alcohol and water wipes in different forms, and Thermoworks actually DOES NOT recommend you use them on their thermometers... just weird and stupid...

I fell for it but thnx to Timmy I didn't buy any so it's all good

Having spent my career in medical electronics, where harsh cleaning solutions are a necessary evil, it boils down to this.
You can use these cleaners on stainless probes and surfaces all day long.

The issue is that most all cleaners destroy plastic over time and fog the clear windows on displays.

So in this situation, feel free to use the wipes to sanitize the probe, just don't use them on the plastic case.

My grandkids live with me, so we have wetwipes around all the time. I just use those on probes and themometers.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back