Noob Smoker!!

Diablo

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 885
I will be picking up a Traeger Ironwood 885 in a few hours! I just read the problems with the lid too. So hopefully i get a good one?? I hope to learn from the pro's on here, because I will need it!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Ironwood! Let us know if you experience any issues with the lid. Although mine leaks a little, it's nothing like what some are reporting.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Ironwood! Let us know if you experience any issues with the lid. Although mine leaks a little, it's nothing like what some are reporting.
I will!! but will probably be doing the Lavalock seal anyway!!

Congratulations on your Ironwood! I hope you love the food you create and enjoy using it. In my opinion, if you feel better sealing the lid then you're taking the right approach.

Good move Just seal it with Lava Lock and remove the issue, My Ironwood had a good fitting lid with a slight leak at the top, so i sealed it and the benefit apart from retaining all the smoke was i found the temp swing from the set temperature to be minimal I noticed a improvement.

Diablo, you are right where I plan to be.. By that I mean I hope to be taking delivery of a new Ironwood somewhere in the future. I just joined this forum to get information that will help me with all things Traeger. Which size Ironwood I want has yet to be determined so, I will be interested in your experiences.

Latest Discussions

Back