No call back

Frankly I could care less!!
Do what you want to to do!
Cook under a rock!!
What a Bitch!

Not really - just expecting a decent level of customer service and this is by far the worst observed in a long time.
Maybe you are being such a pain in the ass, they are ignoring you. You seem to be the only one who has a problem. Just chill the hell out. Looks like you are from Colorado, smoke a joint, or light a bowl, and relax.

Maybe you are being such a pain in the ass, they are ignoring you. You seem to be the only one who has a problem. Just chill the hell out. Looks like you are from Colorado, smoke a joint, or light a bowl, and relax.
No need to be nasty this isn't helpful. There are a lot of people here, on Reddit and Facebook complaining (even on the Traeger live cooking demos). I emailed [email protected], got a response that they would help & then nothing. Then got an email from someone at clearsourcebpo.com asking for my uuid and then no response. It is frustrating because I can't use my grill in the way that it's intended. I can't return it, so I'm stuck.

Every phone call returned! Every email had a response, they have spent over an hour and a half working with me over several days. Turns out I need a new controller and guess what I got a new controller. Try being nice and understand these people are not in their normal places so they have to do the best they can. Will all the people at home they are inundated with calls and emails. Just not the USA but worldwide.
Some of the finest customer service i have ever had. And yes I'm in my late 60's so not my first rodeo dealing with customer service folks.
Good Luck it will happen. It's a great grill and company.

Many other companies are working from home and they seem to be able to handle calls to customer support.

Just how many companies are you calling for support, lol? I've never had to reach-out often, but when I did, Traeger was prompt and responsive. I don't know of any business whom is not negatively impacted by Covid-19. Let's have some empathy. And speaking of empathy, do you have an issue where other users here can attempt to help?

No need to be nasty this isn't helpful. There are a lot of people here, on Reddit and Facebook complaining (even on the Traeger live cooking demos). I emailed [email protected], got a response that they would help & then nothing. Then got an email from someone at clearsourcebpo.com asking for my uuid and then no response. It is frustrating because I can't use my grill in the way that it's intended. I can't return it, so I'm stuck.

@clearsourcebpo.com is a UT-based Customer Support organization - all of their job postings are for Traeger Grills Support Reps ... so they are definitely working from a "script" as they get acclimated and learn the ropes ... my success rate at callbacks is not great, but what I've found that works is calling in around 7AM Mountain (when they open) and requesting a callback to my cell ... you'll want to have your cell with you as they generally do a single callback and move on to the next customer ... as for email - [email protected] seems to be the "best", but mixed reports on how quickly they engage ... do you have a case number?

I also didn't get a return call. I did email and the response told me to check everything I listed that I had already done. Then advised if the stuff they suggested (that I'd already tried) didn't work, that I should call.

It's been a couple weeks, but I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I posted my question here hoping that somebody would have some ideas. So far, no ideas.

I'm a little frustrated at Traeger's response. I'd prefer the message saying that call volumes are unusually high and that I should try back later rather than telling me they'll call me back and then not following through. I used to work that referred to this as under promising and over delivering. Promise me what you can reasonably accomplish and then exceed my expectations rather than promising me something that you can't achieve because you'll only disappointment me.

All that said, it's a smoker and a rather unusual time in world history so I'm willing to let this customer service faux pas slide. But my willingness to let it slide doesn't make it right.

@clearsourcebpo.com is a UT-based Customer Support organization - all of their job postings are for Traeger Grills Support Reps ... so they are definitely working from a "script" as they get acclimated and learn the ropes ... my success rate at callbacks is not great, but what I've found that works is calling in around 7AM Mountain (when they open) and requesting a callback to my cell ... you'll want to have your cell with you as they generally do a single callback and move on to the next customer ... as for email - [email protected] seems to be the "best", but mixed reports on how quickly they engage ... do you have a case number?
Yes, I have a case #. I found out yesterday that deployment of the firmware upgrade has halted because it was causing problems and the agents were unaware of this (!) I was asked to leave my grill on and it may update in June - no eta.

Yes, I have a case #. I found out yesterday that deployment of the firmware upgrade has halted because it was causing problems and the agents were unaware of this (!) I was asked to leave my grill on and it may update in June - no eta.

More delays ... yippee :(

I finally got them to call back. Explained my issues with the grill and they determined that is was a bad controller. I gave them my info and they said they'd send it out. Yesterday I got a confirmation email that the controller shipped.

To the wrong street name.

Click the link for tracking info.

Goes nowhere.

Go to the website, enter my email address and order number.

Goes back to the log on screen.

At least there's not street in my city with the name they used. Hopefully the USPS figures it out.

Contact USPS your local office as soon as you can. And if it a street close to you notify your mail carrier. Just happened with me with the wrong zip code. Thankfully UPS figured it out and I got it late last night.
Also keep calling Traeger as well.

Back