No call back

Phil1454

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I called Treager this morning at 8:00 for technical problems. The recording said the wait time was 1 to 2 hours but if you didn't want to wait they would call you back on the number you called them on. It's now 3:45 and no call yet. I've heard other people say they didn't get called back either. Not good customer service

Thought I'd bump this. to the top. I have a brand new 575 pro that I'm having issues with and I called last week and got no call back and called again Mondaay and got no call back. I found the [email protected] on here yesterday (couldn't find any email listed on their website) and emailed them and still haven't gotten a response. Perhaps they're understaffed due to the coronavirus but is this typical customer service with Traeger?

I called Treager this morning at 8:00 for technical problems. The recording said the wait time was 1 to 2 hours but if you didn't want to wait they would call you back on the number you called them on. It's now 3:45 and no call yet. I've heard other people say they didn't get called back either. Not good customer service
I haven’t tried the email. Question I had I figured out. Twice called and put on virtual hold. Never called back. So I’m with you. Lacking, at least in them at regard. Curious to how others have experienced going the email route?

I've used their email support to replace a damaged meat probe. It was slow (a couple days) but beats sitting on hold for a non-critical issue.

I called twice 2 weeks ago. Got a call back and the other time waited until someone picked up. Have emailed this week with no response. When I did talk to someone he said they are working from home and are overwhelmed with calls. All I want is the current firmware upgrade for the pro 575. He wasn't able to tell me when I'll get it even though is has been out since March.

I called twice 2 weeks ago. Got a call back and the other time waited until someone picked up. Have emailed this week with no response. When I did talk to someone he said they are working from home and are overwhelmed with calls. All I want is the current firmware upgrade for the pro 575. He wasn't able to tell me when I'll get it even though is has been out since March.
I'm in a similar boat as you. I noticed my firmware and config are outdated a couple versions. No other issues so I emailed them yesterday but not response yet.

Same with me although my grill seems to cook at a lower temp that it is set at and displays. I've verified it with 2 thermometers. I have to set the grill at 410 to 350; 310 to get 275, 250 to get 225. I'm hoping the firmware update will correct it.

yes, I have had the same experience. A whole chicken smoked at 265 (using Traeger recipe from their app) should have taken 3 hours tops - it took 6 and still wasn't done. I am also hoping the upgrade will fix this. We shouldn't have to go through hoops to get it to work!

I can say, I have never had any issues with customer service returning my calls in the two years I have owned their smokers. Maybe short staffed as of now, but my last time, just last week, they got back to me ASAP.

I as well have had no issues. Phone response and email response. They are working from home and all across the nation and Canada.

I can say, I have never had any issues with customer service returning my calls in the two years I have owned their smokers. Maybe short staffed as of now, but my last time, just last week, they got back to me ASAP.
This is no excuse. Traeger needs to figure this out. Multiple calls and emails....NO RESPONSE.

For those of you wanting the "new" Firmware / Config data to support 500 degrees - there are a LOT of us in that same "update jail" awaiting resolution ... They've released updates in January and March, with another expected in May ... The pending May Update should address the KNOWN ISSUE for those Grill owners who are unable to get WiFIRE to upgrade to the latest Firmware / Config versions - so you may need to be patient and wait for that release to go live ... and at present, updates can only be PUSHed down from the Traeger Cloud, so you cannot invoke it manually ... at some point, the Traeger App will support PULL updates so you can control if/when the update(s) are installed ...

I'm having similar issues. I having problems with my pro 22. I called a coupe weeks ago and actually got a call back. After some discussion the rep emailed me some troubleshooting instructions. I followed them then answered the email. About a week later they followed up asking when and where I bought my Traeger. I immediately answered back. I got no response. I followed up asking what the next steps, still no response. Followed up again. And still no response.

I don't trust using my Traeger with the issue's it's having. So now I have a 7 month, $700 grill collecting dust on my patio.

Call again and email them!! Don't give up its a great grill and they are like everyone are working from home.

Call again and email them!! Don't give up its a great grill and they are like everyone are working from home.
And....what is your point? Many other companies are working from home and they seem to be able to handle calls to customer support. Luckily I purchased my grill on the Home Depot credit card and it looks like I can return within one year. So, I am seriously considering this option.

Latest Discussions

Back