New Traeger Update - Jan 15 2020

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Looks like Traeger has another software update rolling out. I just received this email:

------------
Dear Traeger Customer,

We have important information regarding your WiFIRE connected grill. We have upgraded our WiFIRE platform to support future enhancements and provide a better user experience.

To ensure your grill connects to the new platform, please take the following steps:

1. If you don’t have the Traeger App installed, download the Traeger App from theiTunes app store or Google Play. If you already have the Traeger App, make sure you have updated to the latest version.
  2. Connect your grill to WiFIRE.

• If you are already connected your Traeger grill to WiFIRE, then make sure the newest version of the Traeger App is installed on your phone and paired and connected to your grill. Once connected with the latest version of the Traeger App, your grill will automatically receive a software update within 24 hours of being turned on. No further action is needed from you and you will soon enjoy the benefits of being paired to the new cloud system!

• If you’ve never connected your Traeger grill to WiFIRE, after downloading the latest version of the Traeger App, simply connect to WiFIRE by following theseinstructions. After that, your grill will automatically update within 24 hours after you turn the power switch to the “On” position.

Please allow 24 hours to your grill to update. Once the 24 hours have passed and if you’d like to make sure your update was completed successfully, turn on your grill and go to Menu > Settings > About Grill. Underneath the grill model, you should see this sequence of numbers: “v02.00.00” if you have a D2 Pro, Ironwood or Timberline Grill. You will see "v03.00.00" if you have a Gen 1 Timberline or a Gen 1 Ironwood 885. If instead you see these numbers: “01.01.06”, then you may need to power your grill off and turn it on again, or disconnect and re-pair your Traeger App with WiFIRE.

Thank you for helping us make this transition as smooth as possible. We’re excited about providing you with a better experience going forward and what we have in store for the future. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-TRAEGER.

Thank you,

Traeger Grills

D2 WIFIRE
02.00.00 - RELEASED 1/15/20

1. Updates to cloud connectivity to improve response time between grill and app

Mine updated without a hitch. Was hoping it was the higher temps upgrade I heard about. Haven't fired Ol' Betty up yet so maybe I'll be surprised.

Got the email, ill do this when its a little more tolerable to be outside.... -39c with the wind today :(

Might have capabilities of a pellet sensor? Didn't I hear somewhere that that was going to become an optional accessory for grills that didn't come with it?

Might have capabilities of a pellet sensor? Didn't I hear somewhere that that was going to become an optional accessory for grills that didn't come with it?
The pellet level sensor is an accessory available everywhere currently. its about 100 bucks and its a plug and calibrate and good to go set up(for the D2 drive Pro and Ironwood models).
Get the pellet level sensor here!

While the update applied fine to my Pro 780, I have not been able to get the Traeger App to connect to the grill. I've even uninstalled from my iPhone, reinstalled, re-paired the grill through the QR code and still can't get the app to connect. I don't have any cooks planned in the near term, but dissapointing that with one improvement, there is another defect. I'm finding that Traeger may build a competent smoker, but they are on the learning curve for deeper technology integration in their products.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 484
I have a Pro 575 and am able to connect through the app. I'm at the office now and able to connect to my grill which is currently sleeping. When I get home I'll fire her up and verify all remains well.

While the update applied fine to my Pro 780, I have not been able to get the Traeger App to connect to the grill. I've even uninstalled from my iPhone, reinstalled, re-paired the grill through the QR code and still can't get the app to connect. I don't have any cooks planned in the near term, but dissapointing that with one improvement, there is another defect. I'm finding that Traeger may build a competent smoker, but they are on the learning curve for deeper technology integration in their products.
I have a Pro 575 and im having this same issue, trying to make some pulled pork for a big lunch tomorrow and its making it very inconvenient.

Hi all. I just got home and have confirmed both the app and grill updated to the new version. However, the app and grill are not syncing. I'm hoping another update will be pushed soon if enough folks report. The grill still works fine (doing a ham now) but certainly WiFire needs to work correctly.

Hi all. I just got home and have confirmed both the app and grill updated to the new version. However, the app and grill are not syncing. I'm hoping another update will be pushed soon if enough folks report. The grill still works fine (doing a ham now) but certainly WiFire needs to work correctly.
I was connected fine before update. Had trouble opening ap also :(

Latest Discussions

Back