New Traeger Pro 575 - what should I do day one before cooking anything!?

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
New Traeger Pro 575 owner! Have had BGE for years, really looking forward to this Traeger. What if any modifications, accessorizing, etc. would people recommend for brand new grill? For example, did anybody wish they did some lining with aluminum foil prior to any cooking? Anybody wish they bought some type of additional smoking accessories? I know there are people on this forum that wish they did something different or had some accessory day one, so looking to learn from y'all!

I wish I threw the sample Traeger drip trays away and used regular foil instead. That's about it. Enjoy.

Get a FireBoard, when you order call CS and ask for a Probe substitution set, the Competition probes and 2 Ambient Probes ( + a Grill Clip), that way you do not end up with a bunch of Probes that you will not use.
Also you will need a Instant Read (MK4)...
Heavy Duty AL Foil from Costco...

Get a FireBoard, when you order call CS and ask for a Probe substitution set, the Competition probes and 2 Ambient Probes ( + a Grill Clip), that way you do not end up with a bunch of Probes that you will not use.
Also you will need a Instant Read (MK4)...
Heavy Duty AL Foil from Costco...
got the heavy duty foil from costco and an instant read thermo already. I have a couple of remotes with probes already. So think I am set there.

Have you burnt it it? and remember to clean the Probe on the RH side after every cook otherwise it could throw your cooking temp out.

Don't even bother with the Traeger Meat Probe!!! You'll be sorry if you do

Line your lid with this: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00JO00S04/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20201208_164537.jpg

20201208_164529.jpg

I lined my HOPPER lid with the leftover and it closes soft and helps keep out some moisture

Make something like this to PROTECT your probe from getting bumped and damaged... (left piece, uses existing screws) and you also see a probe holder I made to hold my FireBoard ambient probe using an existing screw (steel not Galvanized )
20201011_112017.jpg

get a small VACUUM to clean the ashes out as often as you can...

and get https://simplegreen.com/products/bbq-grill-cleaner-aerosol/ From where ever you want

I'm done for now.... :unsure: 😄

The Traeger probe on the RH side regulates the temp of the inside. If it is not cleaned you get a false reading. I use my Fireboard probe to check inside temp but it is the Traeger probe that sets the temp.

Tell him how you clean it, Dav

Don't even bother with the Traeger Meat Probe!!! You'll be sorry if you do

Line your lid with this: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00JO00S04/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 3645

View attachment 3646

I lined my HOPPER lid with the leftover and it closes soft and helps keep out some moisture

Make something like this to PROTECT your probe from getting bumped and damaged... (left piece, uses existing screws) and you also see a probe holder I made to hold my FireBoard ambient probe using an existing screw (steel not Galvanized )View attachment 3644

get a small VACUUM to clean the ashes out as often as you can...

and get https://simplegreen.com/products/bbq-grill-cleaner-aerosol/ From where ever you want

I'm done for now.... :unsure: 😄
Have a small vacuum, use it to clean out BGE. I wondered about the lid closure and it not being "air-tight" Is adding the gasket seal a universal thing that Traeger owners do? I like the probe mods you did also!

I wondered about the lid closure and it not being "air-tight" Is adding the gasket seal a universal thing that Traeger owners do?
Yes a lot of us here do it... I get ZERO smoke out thru the lid, any grill gasket will do, it didn't have to be the one I linked to.
Didn't have to make any adjustment to the hinges either...

Had some aluminum flat bar so probe now protected. And got some of that gasket material so that's done.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 40
Good Job Doofus!!! (y)

Latest Discussions

Back