New Traeger Owner Quick Info Request

Topspraydr

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hello I just got my Traeger Pro 575 yesterday converting over from a traditional wood smoker. I have two questions;

Do you need to empty out the hopper after each use if it is going to be a week or two before the next use? I am in FL and the dealer said to make sure the pellets stay dry. It will be stored on the lanai under roof with a cover. Just wondering about the humidity.

What do you do when it is in use and it starts to rain? I could pull it in on the Lanai but not sure that's a good idea. Just concerned about the electronics etc.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Slimpicker

Ol' Timer BBQer
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
A week is probably long if you have humidity... Bear Mountain pellets seem to be 'coated' better than Traeger pellets so I worry less while using them.
You can MOD your lid with a rubber seal and that would help.

I could pull it in on the Lanai

YES do... this rig is not as big a fire threat as a wood smoker is.

OP
OP
T

Topspraydr

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
A week is probably long if you have humidity... Bear Mountain pellets seem to be 'coated' better than Traeger pellets so I worry less while using them.
You can MOD your lid with a rubber seal and that would help.

YES do... this rig is not as big a fire threat as a wood smoker is.
Thanks!

Blip

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Hello I just got my Traeger Pro 575 yesterday converting over from a traditional wood smoker. I have two questions;

Do you need to empty out the hopper after each use if it is going to be a week or two before the next use? I am in FL and the dealer said to make sure the pellets stay dry. It will be stored on the lanai under roof with a cover. Just wondering about the humidity.

What do you do when it is in use and it starts to rain? I could pull it in on the Lanai but not sure that's a good idea. Just concerned about the electronics etc.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
I’m also in Florida with my grill on a hi rise lanai, with the next floor up providing cover. I’ve had my grill 6 months and only put the cover on during major windy monsoons. It’s been thru major humidity all summer. I have not had any problems with moist pellets. I use Traeger pellets and need to add another bag after about 3 weeks.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I’m also in Florida with my grill on a hi rise lanai, with the next floor up providing cover. I’ve had my grill 6 months and only put the cover on during major windy monsoons. It’s been thru major humidity all summer. I have not had any problems with moist pellets. I use Traeger pellets and need to add another bag after about 3 weeks.
Good to know, thanks for that information.

Latest Discussions