New traeger app for android, and the whole wifi problems starts over.

denmyos

Reaction score
Grill
pro 575
Yesterday i turn on my traeger and saw that i had a updated version of the app,, its now called 2.0.2

And the whole business of getting it to connect to wifi starts over, this is the 3 time i had to start all over to get it to connect.
And every time i succed, only to realize that traeger has updated the grill or app, and i have to redo the whole bloody thing.
I'm so freaking pissed of right now..
Spend most of the day trying to get it to connect to the wifi it was on monday... now it's weak signal can't connect.....
How the hell can it be a weak signal,, when it was connect to the same network 2 days ago...

It doesn't make any sence.!!!!! :(:(:(

Yesterday i turn on my traeger and saw that i had a updated version of the app,, its now called 2.0.2

And the whole business of getting it to connect to wifi starts over, this is the 3 time i had to start all over to get it to connect.
And every time i succed, only to realize that traeger has updated the grill or app, and i have to redo the whole bloody thing.
I'm so freaking pissed of right now..
Spend most of the day trying to get it to connect to the wifi it was on monday... now it's weak signal can't connect.....
How the hell can it be a weak signal,, when it was connect to the same network 2 days ago...

It doesn't make any sence.!!!!! :(:(:(

Sorry to hear your having problems...I have no problems hear connecting with 780 and I really like beIng able to reach temps over 500 now instead of 450 range

Your talking about the firmware update on the grill...
I'm talking about the app on the phone.

I'm already having the new firmware for the grill and running 500F, and was connect to the wifi with the new firmware.

But then the traeger app for my android phone updated, and now i'm back to square 1, trying to connect to the wifi.

Your talking about the firmware update on the grill...
I'm talking about the app on the phone.

I'm already having the new firmware for the grill and running 500F, and was connect to the wifi with the new firmware.

But then the traeger app for my android phone updated, and now i'm back to square 1, trying to connect to the wifi.
Apple here and no problems as of yet..maybe try to delete app and reload it..sorry you are having problems!!

Apple here and no problems as of yet..maybe try to delete app and reload it..sorry you are having problems!!

Already did that, twice.!
tried all the steps i did before to get it to connect, no dice this time..

I have the new android app and it hit first time. I did have to sign out and back in for it to work properly.

I have the new android app and it hit first time. I did have to sign out and back in for it to work properly.
I did that, and deleted the app twice..
I'm still getting a "weak signal..." When I try to connect the grill to my WiFi. Was working fine before they updated the app.

Well that just sucks!!
I'm still waiting for the firmware updates!!
Had some great ribs today so all is not a failure.

I ended up doing a factory reset. using this
The firmware went back to V2.00.01, (i was on 2.01.00) but the grill still goes to 500F.?

Didn't do anything to my wifi connection issues, it will pick up any wifi in the area, but not the one its right next to.
Getting more and more frustrated, thinking about returning the unit and buying another brand.
But since its used now, its probably a no-go.

I ended up doing a factory reset. using this
The firmware went back to V2.00.01, (i was on 2.01.00) but the grill still goes to 500F.?

Didn't do anything to my wifi connection issues, it will pick up any wifi in the area, but not the one its right next to.
Getting more and more frustrated, thinking about returning the unit and buying another brand.
But since its used now, its probably a no-go.
Hello, and this solves the problem of the app using the Android operating system. Will this solution come from Traeger? I myself can no longer connect to WiFi with the app update. Thanks.

Hello, and this solves the problem of the app using the Android operating system. Will this solution come from Traeger? I myself can no longer connect to WiFi with the app update. Thanks.
It didn't work for me.
I also lost WiFi connection with the new app.

I was having issues with connecting before the app update. The new update seems to be a lot better. No issues since the upgrade.

I was having issues with connecting before the app update. The new update seems to be a lot better. No issues since the upgrade.
Trying to make sense of the whole situation.
What firmware are you on?

I was on fimware 2.01.00 , then i resat the grill and it went back to firmware 2.00.1
None helped.
I haven't been able to connect to the wifi after the app updated to version 2.0.2
I'm on android.

Latest Discussions

Back