new to traeger

jdeere2032r

Reaction score
Grill
pro575
just brought home a pro575 today I never used a Traeger before but i have a bradley electric smart smoker and a weber propane grill i have been using i am looking forward to cooking on a wood fired grill I am planning on doing ribs tomorrow if anyone has any suggestions it will be appreciated i know it will be different then cooking them in a electric smoker i seasoned the smoker today and i am having trouble connecting to the wi fire app im using android but i will try and figure it out tomorrow i am sure its a user problem and not a problem with the grill

It may be a problem with the grill, look around at the recent threads on connectivity and new firmware. Mine works fine but there are several who are having problems with it. Mine has serious temp deviations, the grill reads about 20*-30* more than it is inside the smoker. I bought and use a Fireboard WIFI probe and use it and set my cook temps 20* higher than I want them. I cook mine a little lower temps than many and smoke at 160 actual, set at 180 on the controller for 3 hrs, move indoors to oven, wrap it and give them 3 hrs in the electric oven at 200*, then move back to grill for 2 hrs set at 220, which gives me 190-200 actual. Keep moist with apple juice spray and add apple juice when wrapping. We like the way they turn out.

Welcome to the forum! Here are some threads to check out on smoking RIBS:

Let us know how they come out and what method you decided on.

thanks for all the responses I look forward to sharing my experiences with you guys I am still trying to figure out this wi-fire app :cautious: I have always used the 2-2-1 method in the electric smoker so I will try that with apple juice for the second half I am using Traeger signature blend wood chips :) I want to do a brisket in the next couple of weeks what kind of wood pellets do you reccomend for that I have been trying to find the texas beef wood pellets but they are not available up here and would have to be ordered thru amazon

thanks for all the responses I look forward to sharing my experiences with you guys I am still trying to figure out this wi-fire app :cautious: I have always used the 2-2-1 method in the electric smoker so I will try that with apple juice for the second half I am using Traeger signature blend wood chips :) I want to do a brisket in the next couple of weeks what kind of wood pellets do you reccomend for that I have been trying to find the texas beef wood pellets but they are not available up here and would have to be ordered thru amazon
I like Texas beef or oak for beef ??

Latest Discussions

Back