New to Traeger

fjm1947

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
I been smoking meat for some years and had several smokers, I have wanted a traeger for some time, I have a Pro 22 coming in a couple weeks, sure hope it's a good one , from the reviews I read at Home Depot it sure sounds good, I did purchase a Pro 575 from a local store but being in a rural area internet speeds aren't so great could not pair with the smoker, so they came took it back and now I have the Pro 22 coming.

Welcome to the forum @fjm1947 - Congrats on the Traeger. ? Let us know how the Pro 22 works out for you.

Congrats, I also just got my pro 22. I was cooking on an older one at the GFs and decided to replace my gas weber with it. So far I love it. I was worried about its smoking ability, so not sure if it has newer controls, since the new model smokes like crazy compared to the model that is older. Gonna do a brisket this weekend. I still keep my offset stick smoker for my fresh salmon that we catch up here in the Pacific Northwest, but that may change! Good luck and send some feedback!

Thanks, glad to hear that it puts out good smoke, let us know how your brisket comes out, I definitely want to smoke one that is in the freezer just waiting on the smoker to come in.

I been smoking meat for some years and had several smokers, I have wanted a traeger for some time, I have a Pro 22 coming in a couple weeks, sure hope it's a good one , from the reviews I read at Home Depot it sure sounds good, I did purchase a Pro 575 from a local store but being in a rural area internet speeds aren't so great could not pair with the smoker, so they came took it back and now I have the Pro 22 coming.
Oh No! Shoulda kept the 575, so much better than the Pro 22. I gave up on my 22 and sold it but couldn't stay away from smoking so I bought the 575. It is so much better and now I can do all the things I couldn't do before. No internet quality? use the 575 without the wifire.
Mate if you have any friends at Home Depot get 'em to switch back.

I think davwhite was just trying to dispel the commonly held notion that a wifire grill can't be used without the app and this just isn't the case. I'm not too familiar with the 575 but it could possibly have features beyond wifire that could have been beneficial to you.

regardless, I think you'll love the Traeger. it's pretty reliable at giving great food results and very easy to use. I will say that from my experience, you will really need to stay on top of maintenance (mostly ash clean up) to have the best results. there's a lot of info here on the forum and it's all been seen before so if you have any questions about pellet, cooking, accessories, just come here and ask! :)

Thanks, the 575 is very limited to what you can do from the menu on the box, basically all you can do is set Temp and time other than that the rest is done by the app without proper internet you can't run the app, I went through the setting on the grill without app and that is all there was. I have been reading different post and I can see there's plenty of info , i did call traeger about the whole wifi thing he was very helpful and explained why it wasn't working with my connection, so I did find that calling is an easy option. I think the 22 will work out just fine.

Latest Discussions

Back