New to Traeger-Pro 575

Phrogman

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Finally purchased a Traeger Pro 575. Seasoned the grill last weekend. I have been reading some of the many recipes for grilling on a Traeger and I'm looking forward to getting started. We have not decided which one to try first. Maybe some ribs but I wrote another post about the cooking time on a Traeger vice my Weber gas grill. Whatever we decide, I'm sure it will be great.

Welcome! Congrats on the Pro 575! Is it your first smoker?
First pellet grill. I have a MasterBuild electric smoker. Works great. Wanted to try a wood pellet grill. Usually just use the gas Weber for grilling.

Just got my 575 Sunday and did a whole chicken yesterday!! Amazing flavors and the juiciest ever. Took about 1 hour 20 minutes used the probe and cooked to 165.

Sounds good, what temp did you cook it at and how was the skin? The skin can get like leather if it's cooked at too low of temps.

Welcome and Congrats. I am new to the Treager world myself. Cook up some Boneless Chicen breast as my first try. Used the Treager Chicken rum and nothing else. Best darn chicken ever. My family loved it. Waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can try ribs. I am sure I will not be disappointed.

Sitting in the house, weather is beautiful but Staying at Home!
Tossed a corned beef on for the first time sure smells good. Love this unit!!
Has anyone got the new firmware update???
Temps to 500 degrees

Finally purchased a Traeger Pro 575. Seasoned the grill last weekend. I have been reading some of the many recipes for grilling on a Traeger and I'm looking forward to getting started. We have not decided which one to try first. Maybe some ribs but I wrote another post about the cooking time on a Traeger vice my Weber gas grill. Whatever we decide, I'm sure it will be great.

I received my 575 on November 22, 2019. The assembly went well as did the burn in.

I did the ice cube probe calibration as suggested, since it didn't seem to require a degree in thermal dynamics.

I have had the head of the Cyber Crimes unit at the Sheriff's Department, a friend from the computer science program at the local Junior college and my own kids to get this thing to connect to the wonderful world of WiFire. It sill refuses to connect. Wonder of wonders.

I have tried cooking on this marvel of the grilling/smoking world only twice. Both times it took way longer that it should have. The 575 probe and an external probe were close by Traeger standards. Just a 40+ degree variable.

I have had this piece of junk for sale since early January for $500.00. It includes 60 pounds of pellets and the super duper fold up shelf.

The two times I've tried this thing, I've cooked in a pan, so the grill has never been touched by any food.

Anyone wanting one of these boat anchors, send me a self addressed envelope and I'll send it your way.

Just a word of warning. Don't throw your Weber Kettle away. It's a wonder of the grilling world.

The Traeger customer service has been absolutely wonderful when they answer the phone. Very polite and say thank you for calling. Other then that, its been a crapshoot.

By the way, Traeger has never offered to help or rectify the problem with this particular marvel of the outdoor grilling science.

To bad it's way to heavy for the garbage men to toss on the truck.

Last edited:
Anyone know what type of extension cord I can use? No one answers the phone or reply’s to my emails at customer service- husband is deployed and I am clueless

Anyone know what type of extension cord I can use? No one answers the phone or reply’s to my emails at customer service- husband is deployed and I am clueless

If you just need a short distance, the power cable plugs in under the hopper and can be replaced with a longer version, the cable is the same as a computer power cable which are available in various lengths. (I changed mine to a 5 Meter one so I did not have a plug joint in the weather) Or you can use a standard 10 amp extension lead.

I received my 575 on November 22, 2019. The assembly went well as did the burn in.

I did the ice cube probe calibration as suggested, since it didn't seem to require a degree in thermal dynamics.

I have had the head of the Cyber Crimes unit at the Sheriff's Department, a friend from the computer science program at the local Junior college and my own kids to get this thing to connect to the wonderful world of WiFire. It sill refuses to connect. Wonder of wonders.

I have tried cooking on this marvel of the grilling/smoking world only twice. Both times it took way longer that it should have. The 575 probe and an external probe were close by Traeger standards. Just a 40+ degree variable.

I have had this piece of junk for sale since early January for $500.00. It includes 60 pounds of pellets and the super duper fold up shelf.

The two times I've tried this thing, I've cooked in a pan, so the grill has never been touched by any food.

Anyone wanting one of these boat anchors, send me a self addressed envelope and I'll send it your way.

Just a word of warning. Don't throw your Weber Kettle away. It's a wonder of the grilling world.

The Traeger customer service has been absolutely wonderful when they answer the phone. Very polite and say thank you for calling. Other then that, its been a crapshoot.

By the way, Traeger has never offered to help or rectify the problem with this particular marvel of the outdoor grilling science.

To bad it's way to heavy for the garbage men to toss on the truck.
Perhaps more detail in what the problem is would help. You never know, someone may have had a similar problem and can suggest a remedy. I had problems connecting the WIREFIRE but all is up to date atm and cooking beautifully and the app works great.

Do you have the latest software update?? 2.01.00 that's the problem mine is 2.00.01 grill only goes to 450 update allows 500

Hey Gary, when I saw that there was a new software version out I went to the Traeger, switched on the power, into menu and whilst searching for the software version the message came up saying it was installing a new version, that was 2.01.00. If it doesn't do it as quick as I said then leave it on and check back later.

Hey Gary, when I saw that there was a new software version out I went to the Traeger, switched on the power, into menu and whilst searching for the software version the message came up saying it was installing a new version, that was 2.01.00. If it doesn't do it as quick as I said then leave it on and check back later.
Yes it's on and I will leave it on as I have seen it can take 24 to 48 hours. Also Traeger is on it as well. I was on a phone call with them for better than 45 minutes.
Love my grill but 500 degrees would rock!!
Did your app update as well??

Back