New to this site and smoking in general

JCizzle

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
As the title states I am still learning the ropes when it comes to smoking and have been researching the hell out of what will be my first smoker. I am a seasoned Weber Kettle griller and have been so for the better part of 30 years. In typical fashion I read up on everything for what seems like forever and then pull the trigger once I have made my decision. I hate buying things twice. I am 95% certain the Timberline 850 will be my new smoker in the next few days. But with the number of options available its still under "investigation". Glad to read through this great forum and witness the strong community that this brand has. This is very important in my decision making. No reason to join a "club" if you're the only participant.

As the title states I am still learning the ropes when it comes to smoking and have been researching the hell out of what will be my first smoker. I am a seasoned Weber Kettle griller and have been so for the better part of 30 years. In typical fashion I read up on everything for what seems like forever and then pull the trigger once I have made my decision. I hate buying things twice. I am 95% certain the Timberline 850 will be my new smoker in the next few days. But with the number of options available its still under "investigation". Glad to read through this great forum and witness the strong community that this brand has. This is very important in my decision making. No reason to join a "club" if you're the only participant.
Welcome to the frey, I do like my 850.

Welcome to the frey, I do like my 850.

Thanks, RemE. I am currently looking through your many MODs. Very impressive and I will be looking at doing them as well assuming this grill becomes reality.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum @JCizzle ? Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! Lots of friendly, knowledgeable people on the site!

50559a39cade024011a555dba12bf18d.jpg

I wish I could afford the 850, but I settled on the 575. I don't have super smoke, but we enjoy it nonetheless. But I think my next one will be the 850. Good post, thanks.

Welcome and good luck on your purchase. It's a great way to grill, smoke & roast outdoors and sooooo convenient. Ask away, No such thing as a stupid question (unless you ask it more than twice). :)

Latest Discussions

Back