New to the Traeger Grilling Family.

DEWit

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Wondering if the Traeger Insulation Blankets are worth the $? I live in Nebraska where our winter weather is unpredictable during the season. Less so than our beloved Husker Football program. OUCH!
Any insight will be most helpful. Thanks. Be safe.
P.S. I bought a Pro 575 and not sure which blanket will be the best if they are worth it.

IMG_0037.png

I live in central Iowa. Did an overnight session Nov 27-28 temp at night was 26f. I have a Pro 780, i check pellets at 11pm hopper was almost full ,Sat. Morning a 6am was still over 1/3 full. And according to my Fireboard temps did just fine .I dont think im going to get a blanket or insulation cover. Just my 2cents.

I live in central Iowa. Did an overnight session Nov 27-28 temp at night was 26f. I have a Pro 780, i check pellets at 11pm hopper was almost full ,Sat. Morning a 6am was still over 1/3 full. And according to my Fireboard temps did just fine .I dont think im going to get a blanket or insulation cover. Just my 2cents.
I should also add it was not windy.

I would think insulation would really come in to play with cold wind. That said the grill has the heating capacity to maintain low and slow cooking temps. Might struggle to reverse sear in super cold situation.

I ordered one last season for my 575 Pro. I received it and the nylon straps were not long enough by jus 6". When I called them on it they admired the problem and then said they don't actually have one to fit my grill! Really Traeger!?? These guys need to listen to their customers!

Last edited:
Back