New to the site

tjkoko

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Happy Good Friday everyone! Just joined the site after finding it on google. I just upgraded from a Pro 574 to the Ironwood 885 and it’s taking a lot longer than I’m used to to reach temp. Look forward to learning and getting to know everyone!

Welcome!! How long does it take to come up to temperature and what temperature?

When I seasoned the grill, I set it to 350 initially. It took maybe 25 minutes to reach it. It would climb a bit then drop about 10 degrees then climb 15 degrees, drop 10, etc. I ended up cranking it 400 to ramp up the auger. Today I set to 275 for brisket and it took about 20 minutes to reach temp. Maybe my Pro was just quicker because of the small barrel.

When I seasoned the grill, I set it to 350 initially. It took maybe 25 minutes to reach it. It would climb a bit then drop about 10 degrees then climb 15 degrees, drop 10, etc. I ended up cranking it 400 to ramp up the auger. Today I set to 275 for brisket and it took about 20 minutes to reach temp. Maybe my Pro was just quicker because of the small barrel.
I would say that’s normal timing for start up, my IW885 takes usually 20 minutes to reach initial temp. If it takes a little longer you probably have a bit is ash buildup in the pot ??

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new Ironwood. It's a solid grill.

Latest Discussions

Back