New Pro 780

Khbama

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hey Guys. Just purchased the pro 780 and plan on cooking a Boston butt tomorrow. I’m reading online about some 780 temp issues, granted the threads were from mid 2019. The 780 still having the temp issues? Trying to decide if I want to return and maybe get the ironwood series before I fire up the 780

thanks

Hey Guys. Just purchased the pro 780 and plan on cooking a Boston butt tomorrow. I’m reading online about some 780 temp issues, granted the threads were from mid 2019. The 780 still having the temp issues? Trying to decide if I want to return and maybe get the ironwood series before I fire up the 780

thanks

Welcome! I can't speak for the 780 or issues with that model. I have a Ironwood 650 and very happy with it. It's not perfect but I'm very pleased with the results.

By Temp Issues, you're referring to ... ? We got a 780 during a Black Friday Sale and have been using it regularly (3-4+ times per week) since Mid-February ... no temp issues ... there is an issue for some owners of grills with a WiFIRE Controller that they are not receiving the necessary updates to support 500 degrees that was released in March ... a May Update released is planned that will hopefully correct this issue ...

I’ve read that there was some big swings in temperature. Also reading that the Pro 780 does not produce a lot of smoke? Kind of nervous about firing it up in the morning. I’m coming from a BGE and just not that familiar with Traeger. Heard great things, just want to make sure I think I’m getting what I paid for

I came from. Similar Kamado grill. Definitely a lighter smoke profile and flavor. Nowhere near as intense as the egg. But much easier to control the temperature in the Traeger.
I noticed that below 200 on my Traeger I get a fair amount of smoke. At 225, hard to see any smoke. On super smoke at that temperature there is minimally more.
The Traeger gives a great smoke ring, but doesn't load the food with a heavy smoke flavor.
I like the flavor from my Kamado, so I will be keeping it

Gotcha, super smoke available on the Ironwood series but not the pro series correct? Sold the large BGE today but keeping the smaller Joe Jr just in case. Maybe it’s not all that bad, I love smoke flavor but not real big on the heavy smoke flavor

thanks
Hi. I have the 575. Have had for a little under a month. I had to calibrate the probe. Make sure your WiFi connection is strong, so you get the updated files. I haven’t had any problems. You may get some fluctuation on temp at start up and when /if you change temps during cycle, as it works to adjust the fire. I’ve seen it off 10-15 For short spurts, but then stabilizes. Considering it’s a fire and not an electric element, I’ve been impressed with how well it maintains the temp. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Latest Discussions

Back