New NC owner

O C

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 575
Just bought a new Pro D2 575 this week (from HD). First cook on it tonight :)
Not my first, but the first turned out to be not what I wanted, really liked the looks of this grill. The right size, nice features, the cart is solid as heck.
Found this forum via google, reckon its pretty new? Look forward to it growing.
I've been using an Akorn for several years (love it), but wanted something with more convenience for week day cooks. Very new to pellet grills!

Welcome to the forum @O C - Congrats on the new Pro D2 575. ? We are just a few weeks old, so still trying to get the word out but I'm hoping in a few months we'll have a nice community going here.

What made you choose the d2 575 over any other brands?

My brother has had a Traeger Tailgater for several years, and has produced some really good meals off it. I tried a GMG Davy Crockett first, it turned out to be too small, and had temp issues. Decided to try again with Traeger, and the Pro D2 575 seemed to tick most of the boxes for me.
Good size, not overwhelming when its just the wife and I, but enough space to cook for a larger family gathering.
Very sturdy construction
I like the wifi feature, makes it easy to monitor from anywhere
Good price point for the features, although I was tempted by the Timberline 850
I also like the Ironwood 650 and thought about holding out for it, but again the 575 seemed to have what I needed most.
Timberlines tick ALL the boxes, except the price one!
I don't think they should charge as much as they do for a lower shelf and a front shelf...will probably work out something for that myself.

Glad to see another member on here. Welcome!

Have you had any issues with your 575? I have a few with mine it doesn’t want to ignite at a low temperature I have to turn it all the way up to 450 for it to ignite. And it’s missing a pellet sensor. Apperantly Homedepot released them to early and traeger can’t help with any issues until their official release. So I am stuck with problems.

Last edited:
Have you had any issues with your 575? I have a few with mine it doesn’t want to ignite at a low temperature I have to turn it all the way up to 450 for it to ignite. And it’s missing a pellet sensor. Apperantly Homedepot released them to early and traeger can’t help with any issues until their official release. So I am stuck with problems.

wow, that sucks. Can you take it back and just exchange it for another one?

My local HD doesn’t have anymore. The grill is built like a tank I just have a few issues with it that need to be resolved.

I've not had ignition issues, although I received a 'slow ignition' or something notification during the seasoning burn in, but I thought that was just due to priming the fire cup. I've only cooked on it twice. Good results, BUT I need to check temps on it as it seems to be reading low compared to my own probe. if the rain lets up tonight I hope to do some salmon on the grill :)

Salmon was great. Grill maintains a steady temp...but grill readout is about 40-50 degrees higher than what I measure in the center of the grill. Had it set at 375 to get 325. It held the temp really well, but actual was much lower than the setting. As long as its consistently low, I'll live with it, just need to learn the setting to achieve what I need. Haven't checked temp at a low 200-225 setting, maybe tomorrow as I'm supposed to do a bunch of chicken thighs for chopped chicken BBQ for the family.

Latest Discussions

Back