New model for the timberline 850 ?

Hi Gerry, welcome to the forum! Yes, from my understanding the new "2019" Timberline 850 will have the D2 controller/motor. It's suppose to address the time-to-temp issues seen with first generation Timberlines grills. I've also read the price is expected to increase by $100.

Do you have a Traeger now?

Another feature the 2019 Timberline is rumored to have according to a post on FB.

A pellet sensor will be coming to the 2019 Timberline. I’m guessing this will be a differentiator other than outright build quality, for the timberline lineup. Supposedly very accurate at measuring remaining pellets, not just an optical sensor that sees daylight or something.

I just purchased the new Timberline 850 and does have the new D2 controller and pellet sensor. The thing with the pellet sensor though is that it is mounted over the area where the pellets seem to drop the fastest. In order to get an accurate reading you have to push the pellets around to even them out. Still it isn't completely useless.

my Timberline 850 , purchased in aug of 2018, has been a problem. Unlike my old Traeger, this one catches on fire due to flaw in grease tray system.

Attachments

• AC526CFF-C528-4B3F-BFC7-59A5302CEA42.jpeg
    AC526CFF-C528-4B3F-BFC7-59A5302CEA42.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
I just purchased the new Timberline 850 and does have the new D2 controller and pellet sensor. The thing with the pellet sensor though is that it is mounted over the area where the pellets seem to drop the fastest. In order to get an accurate reading you have to push the pellets around to even them out. Still it isn't completely useless.

Nice. My Ironwood 885 has the same pellet sensor. When I push the pellets around to even them out, I can see when I need to add more pellets. LOL.

Back