New Member from Texas

GrillMeister

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
New member here from Texas. I'm on my 5th Traeger with my newest edition being the Ironwood 885 last week.

I'm also a big fan of the Big Green Egg and founded the Texas Eggfest back in 2003, but gave Traeger a try back in 2011 due to a severe drought and burn ban in Austin, TX and I've been hooked ever since.

I love both ways of cooking, smoking, & grilling and am stoked to try wings tonight for my first cook on my new Ironwood 885.

Attachments

• Ironwood 885.jpeg
    Ironwood 885.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 88
Thanks. Pretty quiet around here. We need to kick things up a bit!

Amazing what $4.83 buys at HEB these days. Chicken thighs are awesome on the Traeger.

2.5 hours at 250, then bumped to 375 to crisp the skin. Sweet Baby Rays on half, but was soooo goood, I ended up saucing the rest.

Dizzy Pig BBQ Tsunami Spin on the thighs.

We've only been up and running for a few months, so still trying to get the word out we exist. I bet by the time football season rolls around we'll be jumping! HEB has a good meat department. I've always been happy with the quality of meat from there.

Thanks. Pretty quiet around here. We need to kick things up a bit!

Amazing what $4.83 buys at HEB these days. Chicken thighs are awesome on the Traeger.

2.5 hours at 250, then bumped to 375 to crisp the skin. Sweet Baby Rays on half, but was soooo goood, I ended up saucing the rest.

Dizzy Pig BBQ Tsunami Spin on the thighs.

We've only been up and running for a few months, so still trying to get the word out we exist. I bet by the time football season rolls around we'll be jumping! HEB has a good meat department. I've always been happy with the quality of meat from there.
I'll do what I can to spread the word. Are you the forum owner?

Back