New Kamado Joe Pellet Grill

Russells

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Anyone hear about this? I just received an email about it from Atlanta Grill Company.

AC71B5A3-A4E4-4258-9170-547795CD674A.jpeg

Interesting, I haven't seen anything like this yet.
Temperature control should be a lot easier. These are usually sealed well and the ceramic holds temps quite well. I will be interested to hear how they perform in the real world.
Have to wonder if this addition of a pellet burner will cross over to the other Kamado brands. I remember when Visions added a gas option, they made a kit to retrofit for some of their existing grill styles. Not sure if the pellet could work that way as well

Have a look at www.blackolivegrill.com
It's been done before. But probably the brand doesn't carry the clout the KJ will in making the move.
Looks like that was supposed to have been on their official Twitter feed back in February

Have a look at www.blackolivegrill.com
It's been done before. But probably the brand doesn't carry the clout the KJ will in making the move.
Looks like that was supposed to have been on their official Twitter feed back in February
Interesting, I wonder if there will be sone legal battles due to patents?

I got confirmation from a dealer and it's for real. LOL.

$2K for 18" diameter grill surface? Hmmm. I'll pass.

Not sure. Patents ran out on the Pellet grills for Traeger, thats why we have the market of them we have today.
Heck, the Traeger family sold out and now actually work for Dawson's who sell under Louisiana Grills and Pit Boss. They got in trouble because of using their name and the likeness of their farm. Not for intellectual property that I have seen

I got confirmation from a dealer and it's for real. LOL.

$2K for 18" diameter grill surface? Hmmm. I'll pass.
The size will be a big issue. My Kamado has very limited space compared to my Traeger for food
The other issues will be in how big the pellet hopper is and how difficult that is to access/clean.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back