New guy new with temperature problem

bbqhusker87

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger BBQ155
Hey guys I just joined. I got a problem with my traeger. I think its a bbq155. Anyways I am seeing huge differences from the digital controller to the thermostat on the lid. Anywhere from 20-50 degrees. I have cleaned out the hot box, put fresh pellets in, cleaned off the temp probe, and the thermostat also. Also when i put it on high it only goes to 375 if it can make it there. Can anyone give me any advice on this?

Have you cleaned out the pellet hopper? Is there dust clinging to the walls of the hopper? I would clean and vacuum the hopper as well as blow out and suck out the auger tube as much as you can with a shop vac.
I had the same issue and a deep clean of the hopper, auger and fire pot got it going correctly along with cleaning the other items as you mentioned. Also you using clean crisp pellets not old or off brand?
made a difference for my unit.

I would call Traeger Canada not the USA. They will likely send you a new therm probe.

Hey guys I just joined. I got a problem with my traeger. I think its a bbq155. Anyways I am seeing huge differences from the digital controller to the thermostat on the lid. Anywhere from 20-50 degrees. I have cleaned out the hot box, put fresh pellets in, cleaned off the temp probe, and the thermostat also. Also when i put it on high it only goes to 375 if it can make it there. Can anyone give me any advice on this?
The temp dial on the lid is a bi-metal operated thermometer and they are not accurate. Also keep in mind it is measuring at the lid and not the middle of the barrel. Use a good quality digital probe to test and at the end of the day don’t worry if it doesn’t seem to be right on the money but it should be somewhat close when compared to a quality temp probe. When you say it won’t go above 375 are you using the lid thermometer when reading the temp? Cheers

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back