New guy from Delaware

Delaware guy

Reaction score
Grill
I picked up an Ironwood 650 last month and I'm really enjoying it. I've noticed that I tend to overthink and therefore overcook things, but have otherwise had great success! So far I've cooked a total of four spatchcocked chickens, a spatchcocked turkey, a pork roast, a london broil and a brisket. All very tasty.... I'm still struggling to get a crispy skin on the poultry. Altogether it's been fun and tasty!

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Welcome to the forum!

Blip

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I picked up an Ironwood 650 last month and I'm really enjoying it. I've noticed that I tend to overthink and therefore overcook things, but have otherwise had great success! So far I've cooked a total of four spatchcocked chickens, a spatchcocked turkey, a pork roast, a london broil and a brisket. All very tasty.... I'm still struggling to get a crispy skin on the poultry. Altogether it's been fun and tasty!
Welcome. You will have more success if you buy a set of grillgrates. I fire up to 500 degrees, put chicken thighs on the plancha side for about 4-5 minutes to brown and crisp, then lower the temp to 425 degrees, flip the thighs skin side up and finish on the regular grates.

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650

Welcome to the forum @Delaware guy - Congrats on the new rig! 🍻

Check out this thread for some tips with Chicken Wings:

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
If you are over cooking get a FireBoard that should resolve the issue...

Latest Discussions