New Costco Silverton 810 - $1299

For $15 I got a role of BBQ Felt from Amazon and only needed about 1/4 of it to line the surface and close up the leak. While there was not a lot of smoke leaking out for $15 it was worth it to keep peace at home. However as the cost was so low to fix it why did T...raeger not design it to not leak

New to the forum, found this thread, just got the 810 at the Costco in Tolleson AZ today. I got the floor model, pick it up this Sunday after their show is done. Got a cover, cookbook, probe, drip tray liners, drip bucket liners, Costco/Treager 5 year warranty, 2 things of chicken rub all thrown in. I currently own an almost 3 year old Renegade Pro, but knew in the 1st 6 months it was too small. So go bigger, you will not regret it. I love the Silverton design. I missed out on the show /Silverton 3 years ago, then just found the Renegade online. From what I saw, everything (mostly) is "dual walled" vs the Renegade or the pro series, as that is just the 1 painted/powdercoat wall. The silverton technically is dual walled on the sides, as the one wall is for the grill , the 2nd is the exterior. Not sure of how much heat transfer is lost when opening. I almost thought it would be a two panel (think like a dual pane window) design, but no. I love the stainless for cleaning it better. I love that the drip tray is practically flush to the walls of the grill vs leaving that 1/4 inch gap on my Renegade (so very little grease drops). 1299$ currently at the AZ roadshow.

I bought the Century 885 and plan to take it back after this cook. Aside from the parts issues I am having with a broken door and no wifi, the temp has not stayed steady, appears to have a warm side and cold side, and overall has been no better grilling experience than when I was using my crummy Pit Boss. With an MSRP of $1499 this grill should be the end all be all of grills.
I set my probes, which were recently calibrated in the oven to 350, and threw my butt on. Grill has shown almost 20 degrees off multiple times. Once again, for 1500 bucks I should be within that 5-degree window everyone claims. After seeing the difference in the butts I assumed one probe was on the bone so I reset them. Same thing.
I threw a grill probe on to see how accurate to the grill's readings were and it has consistently been at 307 with the grill saying its at 350. I have no clue how to take this thing back due to its size, but this has been a horrible experience.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.PNG
    IMG_3555.PNG
    203.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3554.JPG
    IMG_3554.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 49
So, uh, how about the gasket/seal ability on the 810? (or the 620?)

As of the moment, the one and only review on the official product page is a complaint about how leaky this thing is, considering the cost, should NOT have to mod to get it to work right.

BBQ FELT at Amazon for $ 15 ( less than a bag of pellet, though I agree with other posts that the. Factory should have put the installation in at the point of manufacture..

Okay, bought if last weekend. Put it together, not bad. Wifire connection, took me a couple of days, but finally got it with the most recent app update, having to toggle my phones wifi connection several times between my network and the grill. I reallly like the app. First time firing up was no problem. The temp was spot on during the seasoning of the grill. This thing is great, really happy and now have my faith put back into Traeger. The bottom cabinet is great, hiding the drip pan. And the 5 year warranty that comes a Traeger from Costco ain’t bad either. So far, a great purchase and I am a happy cooker....
I bought the Costco Century 885 a month ago. I don't remember a 5 year warranty, is that standard on Costco purchased Traeger?

I know Costco has the 5 year warranty on the "Costco exclusive" models like the Century and Silverton. Not sure about the others.

Is there a way to calibrate the grill temp on an 810, I would like to confirm the reading on the controller.

Can anyone tell me what the Item Number is for the Silverton 810 at Costco? Maybe I need to have them look it up and tell me what store I can find it. All I am seeing currently is the new 2020 Silverton 620 with the new WiFire and D2 driver (Item 1902248).
We just received our brand new Silverton 810 from Costco. The item number is: 1420383.....I've attached a photo of the info from our box. We paid $1399.00 upgraded model with D2 controller and the wifire capability and it works great!

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 33
We just received our brand new Silverton 810 from Costco. The item number is: 1420383.....I've attached a photo of the info from our box. We paid $1399.00 upgraded model with D2 controller and the wifire capability and it works great!
1299 if you pick it up at a road show, that included a cover,3 bottles of chicken spice (. Demo size), a cook book they tossed in a bag of pellets...

The Costco Traeger rep sent me a Sliverton 810 cover....

I’ve had a Silverton 810 for about 6 months. I’ve been looking for better grates. Has anyone found coated iron grates that fit?

I have been thinking about purchasing the Ironwood 885, worrying about the cost, wifi and lid issues. So based on recent threads about the Costco Silverton 620 which is a Pro 575 knockoff, I thought I would find a Costco Traeger roadshow and take a look. So what did I find? A Silverton 810, same size as the Ironwood 885 except slightly smaller top shelf. Looks exactly the same as the Silverton 620 with the front and side shelf, except larger. The rep said it is the first one he has seen. He was expecting the Silverton 620 to sell. It has the Ironwood / Timberline D2 controller, 500 degrees and Super Smoke, wifire, D2 direct drive, downdraft exhaust, built in cabinet and pellet sensor. Plus, it has double stainless insulation in the pan and on the lid bottom edge (but not on the sides?). The Traeger rep said it is the equivalent to the Timberline, and comes with a free cover, cookbooks, spices, drip pan liners and pellets. I asked the rep about wifi issues, and he said this is a new 3rd generation wifire without the connection issues (not sure if I buy that statement). So, it looks like I may purchase at Costco for the price. Thoughts???
Anybody have any experience with the downdraft exhaust vs a chimney?

Latest Discussions

Back