New Controller After Two Weeks

wallyjar

Reaction score
Grill
Pro575
New 575 and normal talked about wi-fi issues, two weeks, 5 different conversations, new Netgear Orbi mesh wi-fi system and FINALLY Traeger is sending me a new controller.

Not what I would expect for an $800 grill($1100 if you count new wi-fi). Very disappointed. This along with a 30 degree error in temp probe is not what I should have sitting at my grilling station. Then told me controller would be sent out in next 4 or 5 days.

So if new controller fixes issue, it will be a full 3 weeks (or more) to have a functioning grill with wi-fi.

Sorry to be so negative just needed to vent

Thanks, I have instant read and remote bluetooth Thermometer and have actually used them to get temp right for each cook I have done. My point is this should not need to be done. Traeger needs to do better than this Thanks again

My point is this should not need to be done. Traeger needs to do better than this Thanks again

To all of us owners, that's a big DUH!!! But we have adapted to this with BETTER tools anyway so "I don't need no stinking Traeger Temp probe"

I already have the tools from using two eggs for 15 years. Maybe if we all did not "settle" they would fix some things

New 575 and normal talked about wi-fi issues, two weeks, 5 different conversations, new Netgear Orbi mesh wi-fi system and FINALLY Traeger is sending me a new controller.

Not what I would expect for an $800 grill($1100 if you count new wi-fi). Very disappointed. This along with a 30 degree error in temp probe is not what I should have sitting at my grilling station. Then told me controller would be sent out in next 4 or 5 days.

So if new controller fixes issue, it will be a full 3 weeks (or more) to have a functioning grill with wi-fi.

Sorry to be so negative just needed to vent
10 days later I finally received new controller and app hooked up on second try. My only question is...If they knew they had bad controllers why did it take almost 4 weeks to get a new one to me?

10 days later I finally received new controller and app hooked up on second try. My only question is...If they knew they had bad controllers why did it take almost 4 weeks to get a new one to me?
Could be internal backorder, I had a bad one and it took a couple of months.

Latest Discussions

Back