New, completely blind beginning Traeger owner from the Netherlands

parham

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Hi all,

My name is Parham. I'm originally from Iran, but moved to the Netherlands as an expat 5 years ago. At work, I'm an engineering manager. I hang out with the nerds, though I'm personally too social and positive and bubbly for that group :)

I have long wanted to barbecue, but blind person + open fire don't go well together as far as I'm aware. So, once I heard about the Traeger on a podcast a month ago, I was hooked!

And as you can probably guess, I bought one, and that's why I'm here. I've got my Traeger Timberline 850 since last Friday, and you can see what I've been cooking on my Instagram account here.

I have a whole ton of stupid newbie questions since I can't see videos who say things like "you can place it 'here'" and "as you can 'see'" without explaining anything. So, watch out for a whole ton of what may seem like obvious questions from me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

That’s awesome! Welcome!

Hi all,

My name is Parham. I'm originally from Iran, but moved to the Netherlands as an expat 5 years ago. At work, I'm an engineering manager. I hang out with the nerds, though I'm personally too social and positive and bubbly for that group :)

I have long wanted to barbecue, but blind person + open fire don't go well together as far as I'm aware. So, once I heard about the Traeger on a podcast a month ago, I was hooked!

And as you can probably guess, I bought one, and that's why I'm here. I've got my Traeger Timberline 850 since last Friday, and you can see what I've been cooking on my Instagram account here.

I have a whole ton of stupid newbie questions since I can't see videos who say things like "you can place it 'here'" and "as you can 'see'" without explaining anything. So, watch out for a whole ton of what may seem like obvious questions from me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Hi Parham My name is Mike, I am also totally blind, and was so excited to find your post, I am thinking about buying a traeger and I would love any info you can share about the accessibility of the wifire app on ios or android. also if you have any tips about the grill it self. thanks so much!

Hi Parham My name is Mike, I am also totally blind, and was so excited to find your post, I am thinking about buying a traeger and I would love any info you can share about the accessibility of the wifire app on ios or android. also if you have any tips about the grill it self. thanks so much!
Of course! I'll reach out privately, but TL;DR: the app is almost fully accessible, with a couple of issues, but perfectly doable.

Never had any bad cooks using my Traeger. Most really good.
IMHO, remember you are the pitmaster of your own pit. Although the Traeger recipes are fantastic they are not cast in stone, as are all recipes. Generally I review my own cook logs,

From your photos on Instagram, it looks like you have a partner. If she is sighted, she may be able to help you with those tasks that those who are vision impaired might find difficult to perform safely. As an engineer, you should be well equipped to understand the concepts and challenges of using your pellet-fired appliance.

Back