New App Update

I just checked my iphone and the Traeger app is 1.4.3 (2) I assembled my 650 and connected to my wifi and seasoned it about three weeks ago. Went to use it the next day and the app showed smoker off line! Checked version and it was 2.0.0 :( Tired several times over several days and cant get it to connect to my wifi

My Pro 575 will not connect now and the WI-Fire is unusable since the update, called Traeger and they cannot figure it out. :(

I just checked my iphone and the Traeger app is 1.4.3 (2) I assembled my 650 and connected to my wifi and seasoned it about three weeks ago. Went to use it the next day and the app showed smoker off line! Checked version and it was 2.0.0 :( Tired several times over several days and cant get it to connect to my wifi

Same here since 2.0 update Wi-Fire won't connect anymore. Anyone Thoughts!

When my 650 was connected to the wifi it did upgrade firmware to 20.00.00 but showed offline in the app
I did the factory reset after reading about it on these forms. Firmware is now 01.01.06 Still wont connect.
I turned on the hotspot on laptop and specified 2.4g hz. Connected iphone to hotspot and tried adding 650 to app and its fails. Don't know why it wants to join the traeger wifi network. I click join and then my iphone connects the the trager

Attachments

• IMG_2265.PNG
    IMG_2265.PNG
    214.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2261.PNG
    IMG_2261.PNG
    129.3 KB · Views: 51
When my 650 was connected to the wifi it did upgrade firmware to 20.00.00 but showed offline in the app
I did the factory reset after reading about it on these forms. Firmware is now 01.01.06 Still wont connect.
I turned on the hotspot on laptop and specified 2.4g hz. Connected iphone to hotspot and tried adding 650 to app and its fails. Don't know why it wants to join the traeger wifi network. I click join and then my iphone connects the the trager
Can you get the Traeger to connect to your home WiFi? If so, leave it connected, and see if it will upgrade the firmware. I had your same issue, wouldn’t connect to the app, because it wanted to connect to the Traeger. I left the grill for a bit and came back and saw the Traeger had updated. First try to reconnect and it connected perfectly to the App.

Make sure to forget the Traeger network on your phone after each attempt. And your WiFi network on the Traeger.

I can't get Traeger to connect to wifi no matter what I do.

Just noticed New App Update today....Version 1.4.2(2)..No sure what this will change but Im still On-Line No Problems Yet!!!!
Turned on my Traeger and it downloaded the update immediately. I set the smoker temperature to 170 and it sat at 65,66 degrees for 15 minutes, not characteristic at all. Then it shot to 225, then dropped to 140. I've never had a problem with getting to my set temperatures, never. I have to believe that it had something to do with the update. Too much of a coincidence not to be.

Can you get the Traeger to connect to your home WiFi? If so, leave it connected, and see if it will upgrade the firmware. I had your same issue, wouldn’t connect to the app, because it wanted to connect to the Traeger. I left the grill for a bit and came back and saw the Traeger had updated. First try to reconnect and it connected perfectly to the App.

Make sure to forget the Traeger network on your phone after each attempt. And your WiFi network on the Traeger.

The same happend to me and its now connected. LOL I have no idea what happend but I am back online now.

New Firmware update for 780.....Ver. 02.00.02
Iphone App.....Ver. 1.4.3

New Firmware update for 780.....Ver. 02.00.02
Iphone App.....Ver. 1.4.3

Yup, my 780 updated yet again Monday just before a smoke. It took no time and I was off and running.

Keep reminding yourself, if your grill shows offline on your phone, it does not necessarily mean your grill is offline. Traegers servers are still between your phone and your grill, You are not connecting directly to your grill.

I have had times, that my grill shows offline on my phone, and yet alerts still come to it. Like up to temp, grill time alerts and shutdowns. It proves, you are not connecting to your grill, you are connecting to the traeger network.

Can you get the Traeger to connect to your home WiFi?

No it wont

Latest Discussions

Back