New App Update

SmokeyT

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Just noticed New App Update today....Version 1.4.2(2)..No sure what this will change but Im still On-Line No Problems Yet!!!!

Just noticed New App Update today....Version 1.4.2(2)..No sure what this will change but Im still On-Line No Problems Yet!!!!

I noticed that as well.

We just moved into a new home and I moved my network keeping all settings. The grill hooked up to Traeger, but the app would not see the grill. Notifications came down, but no grill control.

I left it plugged in and on for the evening, and wouldn't you know it must have needed a firmware update. As it healed itself and all is good. We smoked Saturday night and the last Thursday with no issues and full control.

Downloading it now.

What's New in v1.4.2
* Minor enhancements and bug fixes.

Sounds like Traeger is slowly working out all of the bugs.

No changes with the new app update. iphone will connect to the grill, but the grill won't find the home network. This is garbage, should have never bought one of these things.

Is this for iPhone or Android? The latest version available in Google Play Store is still 1.4.1.

No changes with the new app update. iphone will connect to the grill, but the grill won't find the home network. This is garbage, should have never bought one of these things.
Bought one in early Jan. Have never been able to connect Traeger to my router. I am with you. Devices connecting to your router has become routine. Smart switches, Rokus, Doorbells and on and on. They advertise wifi like crazy and charge an extra $300 for it. They need to hire someone who knows what they are doing.

Bought one in early Jan. Have never been able to connect Traeger to my router. I am with you. Devices connecting to your router has become routine. Smart switches, Rokus, Doorbells and on and on. They advertise wifi like crazy and charge an extra $300 for it. They need to hire someone who knows what they are doing.
Your router is probably 5GHZ. The Traeger only works on the older 2.4GHZ frequency.

Iphone is Version 1.4.2

My iPhone just updated to 1.4.3 this morning. And my Pro 780 updated firmware yet again Sunday night. They are making changes. So if you can get that initial connection made, let it do it's updates, it will get smoother and smoother with each. Ours is running fine.

My iPhone just updated to 1.4.3 this morning. And my Pro 780 updated firmware yet again Sunday night. They are making changes. So if you can get that initial connection made, let it do it's updates, it will get smoother and smoother with each. Ours is running fine.
Got it!! Thanks for Sharing!!!

I updated this morning. I can connect but..... now my Timberline shuts off during cook for 20 seconds then fires back up but has problems getting back to temp anyone else having that issue.

I updated this morning. I can connect but..... now my Timberline shuts off during cook for 20 seconds then fires back up but has problems getting back to temp anyone else having that issue.

Welcome to the forum - What version of firmware is your grill running?

Back